arm pit fat!!!

Options
Dont you just hate that armpit fat? you know that crap that hangs over your tube top or out the arm hole of your tanks? Ugh so gross. How do you get rid of it?

Replies

• mountaingirl222
    Options
    I hate it too! Not sure how to get rid of it, curious myself!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    It will go away when the fat layer goes away.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    aka bra blubber

JM 30 day shred !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lower body fat %.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 123Kate
    123Kate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i still have it, even though im quite toned, and not carrying extra weight. some people are just genetically prone to things like that. Ok, so the fatty bit was bigger when i was bigger but as i've shrunk it has to - however it has never disappeared. The turkey neck is the other one. Its not as obvious now I have lost weight, but its still very much there and unless i was anorexic or something, I would say it will always be there - its a family trait. Same goes for the armpit fatty bit. I am however doing some hardout weight work now, so will let you know if anything ends up improving it over time (its only been little over a month since i started the gym)
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lower body fat %.

THIS, the only way to spot reduce is liposuction.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i just LOL.. literally, i just laugh at myself. and i have pretty low bf%
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Get rid of body fat! Or liposuction...

A friend of mine calls it polish muscle. Runs in her polish family! LOL!

It will go away with time. I have much less than I used to, and I've only decreased a little in weight. Tighten up those muscles under the skin to help make it less obvious!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Reducing your body fat % for sure.

Also, if you're a lady-type, get your self professionally fitted for a bra - any specialty store can do it, and even Nordstrom's is great (avoid Victoria's Secret if you can). Tons of women are wearing bras that don't fit properly and don't realize it, and often times this can cause more armpit fat than there actually is!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    too funny.....I remember the first time I saw the dreaded arm pit fat in a picture, I was mortified!! Still have some, just not as much :smile:
  • cccrissy
    cccrissy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Along with reducing body fat, you can help things along by doing pushups with your feet on an exercise ball. It worked for me. :)
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    As others have said, only lower body fat percentage gets rid of this, but plenty of "skinny" girls have it too..

My friends and I have always called those "peaches".
    I have no idea why.
  • OneChanceOneLife
    OneChanceOneLife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will reiterate the obvious... lower body fat %, but I will also add that you can gain muscle mass in that area. If you have more muscle there it will help spread the fat a bit. It is the same concept that women love to refer to as toning. Lose the fat and gain muscle = toning.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I still have it and I am pretty thin. For me, I think it is skin.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i just LOL.. literally, i just laugh at myself. and i have pretty low bf%
    omg.. i totally read "fart" hahahahahahha .. :laugh:
    anyway, even then, there are plenty of women with low bf% that still have that excess armpit fat (not "fart" lol) hanging around. it can be removed, but recommended not to because it can mess with the breast tissue. :ohwell: