New and ready to finish what I started.

Options
I am a young mother and wife. I have 3 kids and a dog who acts human lol. Well a year and a half ago I started weight watchers and lost 122lbs. 3 months ago my husband and I decided to get married. We planned a wedding in 6 weeks and during that busy time I neglected myself. I have gained 20 lbs and refuse to go back to where I started. I was only 2 lbs from my goal weight. I back pedaled big time. Weight watchers is an awesome program. However I am a completely different person from when I started. My goals are different and the way I look at food is different. I feel kind of stuck on the plan. I have decided to count calories and will start swimming in two days. I am so bored of the treadmill at the gym. Also the weather is so unpredictable that I don't like working out outdoors right now. I am hoping swimming will help me get fit and get me back to where I was 3 months ago. I really don't have many friends that can relate so I need all the weightloss friends I can get. Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Like you I lost a lot of weight, then mine was divorce instead of marriage. I have yo-yoed for a year. I'm ready to get the 30 pounds back off and more!

Have you done any weight training? It helps a lot.
  • missmelissav
    Options
    I was weight training before but stopped. I don't know how to get back into it. I am going to try and focus on the swimming for a week and then try to incorporate the weights after.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was using a weight program off of bodybuilding.com. I'm getting ready to start again this week. They have a lot of different ones you can pick from. It really made a difference when I was using weights.
  • missmelissav
    Options
    Thanks I am going to look into that.
  • philly_rack
    Options
    Congrats on your weigh. t loss, wedding, etc. I am also a mother and wife. My children are 3 and 7 months. I have never been little, but I decided a few months ago that enough is enough. My husband and I gave been working out for about 3 months now. He had lost almost 30 lbs and I gave lost 12. I need all the added encouragement I can get. I figured this site will hold me accountable for what I do and eat.
  • missmelissav
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats to both of you. My husband is more of my enabler. He was with me when I was almost 300 lbs so for him if I gain a few it doesn't matter. But to me its to scary to go back to that weight. I wish he would work out with me but he doesn't have a weight problem. I am a stay at home mommy that bored eats all day.
  • heatmack
    heatmack Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi!
    I have also made the switch from Weight Watchers, I lost 58lbs on that program but now I also feel stuck. Im excited to be using this app, it keeps me in check. Goodluck!!
  • missmelissav
    Options
    That's great. I am not alone lol. I felt like a trader.