Ayurvedic health

Options
MeliciousMelis
MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
Does anyone follow ayurvedic nutrition principals? I'm trying to figure out if my recent research will work well with MFP. :)

Replies

• YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I don't really follow it, but I loveeeeeee Ayurveda :love:
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the concept of food combining, and alkalinity, and balance through yoga and specific healthy eating intriguing...just wondering if anyone else out there was of the same school of thought. :)
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i've been researching it lately and trying to follow some of the basic guidelines. this site has been a great resource: http://www.ayurveda-holistic-medicine.com/healthy-eating-habits.html

it has some pretty common sense approaches to food. i hope it helps with my digestion! you're welcome to friend me if you'd like. we could try it out together. :smile:

as with anything new to me, i've been going a little deeper and looking at ayurvedic medicine more holistically, so we'll see how far i go. it's intriguing.
  • kpxfiles
    kpxfiles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to see a ayurvedic practioner tommorrow. I will let you know what she says. I took an intro class with the woman and I learned a lot. Some basic things she taught us was that we should not only be eating for our dosha, but also for the season. Like if it's cold outside, we should eat warm things. Never eat frozen foods or ice because it slows down digestion. I'm excited to find out how I can be a healthier person.
This discussion has been closed.