45 lbs down- this is how I stay motivated! (pics!)

Options
My weight loss journey took 6 months of daily hard work and dedication from June 2011 to January 2012. I'm now 2 months into "maintenance" and still work to find motivation every day to keep up what I worked so hard to achieve. I'm a full time university student (Bucknell) with 2 jobs, 2 majors and a LOT to do so I can't go to the gym or cook every day. What's helped me maintain my results is just making my daily life as active as possible. I walk everywhere and make excuses for extra trips around campus. I cook two days a week and portion out my servings to last the days I can't cook. Mostly though, what's kept me going is just remembering how far I've come, that even the days when I want to lay in bed and watch tv I'll be happier with myself when I can look back and say I've done not only everything I needed to do but also everything I can do to achieve my goals. The other thing that keeps me going is always having something to work towards. Even though I'm no longer losing weight I'm always working to achieve a new fitness goal be it to improve my golf game, my yoga practice, or my strength. By always having a challenge I never get complacent but at the same time I'm also able to look back and be proud of the things I've already done!

(ps- I'm always happy to have new friends on here who I can inspire and who can inspire me so if you relate to what I've said or my progress add me! :) ).

This was me when I started out at 43% body fat (ps- I'm 5'5)

tumblr_lz7pa4qiRi1qj087e.jpg

tumblr_lxd12rxqjB1qj087e.jpg

~

And this is me today at about 16% body fat (still 5'5)

tumblr_m0fkbfmsE71qkv0er

tumblr_m0g56vInAS1qj087e.jpg

~

Edit: 1 more shot to pull it all together haha :)

tumblr_m0g57kOC9N1qj087e.png

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! You look great!
  • itsabbylove
    Options
    love love love it!!! You are such an inspiration! I am also 5'5 and in my teens and it while it is hard to lose the 20 pounds I want to lose, I love the lifestyle changes that have come out of it!!! Blessings! :)
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congratuations! You have definitely inspired me. Great work!!!
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    Job well done! I am glad to call you my MFP friend!! :flowerforyou:
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success! you look amazing!
  • celeste_xo
    Options
    This is amazing! Congratulations on your loss and keep up the excellent work and motivation!
  • abigailm83
    abigailm83 Posts: 110
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look awesome!!
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well done! Beautiful campus to find an excuse to walk around, too! Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration! It's nice to hear that you are continuing with your goal setting as you live your new lifestyle!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! You should be so proud!! Congratulations!!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • vision2012
    vision2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, you totally just inspired me all over again! Great job!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic job! You look great!
  • fatondra
    fatondra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations! I am so looking forward to THAT day. I am about 18 lbs down in a month and a half. I still have a long way to go and need all of the motivation I can get.

Way to go and definitely keep up the good work. You should be extremely proud of yourself!:happy:

FC
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look soooooo great!
  • mollyrrn
    mollyrrn Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for sharing pics. You look great! Nice work!! Congrats on your new body :)
  • pollypocket27
    Options
    WOW, congrats! You look great. Love the picture with the quote on it. (:
  • mred93
    mred93 Posts: 100
    Options
    You look great! defiantly motivating!
  • DietPep1978
    DietPep1978 Posts: 202
    Options
    WOW! Amazing job!!!!
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful and sexy. and i love the dress
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Your arms look great! Sexy :)
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow great job !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!