When I reach my UGW.....

Options

Replies

• kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    I want to be able to shop in any regular size store and not have to look for the plus size section!

This!! A million times this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Haha I never thought of that, but it is a goal of mine too! I haven't worn a tank top (by itself at least) outside somewhere since I was a pre teen. I've always been so self conscious about my old lady hang+stretch marks to wear them. Once I drop enough body fat to show muscle definition, I'll know that I have reached my goal :-)
  • oh_resilience
    oh_resilience Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hope to be stronger.
    Strong and healthy is the new 'skinny'!

this is exactly right! I'm 10 lbs away from my goal and I realized my goal isn't actually a number, but a feeling! I too hope that with the goal weight, also comes a toned and fit lady (that can wear short shorts :-))

Thanks!
    Good luck to you:)
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I want a demonic back wings tattoo. I also love corsets so I will be wearing more them. After a body lift and probably boob lift I will be wearing a bikini for the first time ever.
  • tashakk86
    tashakk86 Posts: 81
    Options
    o i want to wear a bikini for sure!!! just to have more confident in my body would be great
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i'll be soaking up the sun on a beach in the maldives.
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to wear shorts and a tank top, to go for a run and enjoy it, to shop where there are good sales/things that catch my eye rather than just the plus size store. But what I'm most excited for, is to sit in a chair and not have my rear/thighs hang over the edge...!!! It's the little things :)
  • ksmith2187
    Options
    Hoping when I reach my UGW that I can stand in front of my partner completely naked for the first time since we have been together (6 years) without the fear that he will vomit and leave me :(

I'll get there.. physically.. I think mentally its going to take a lot longer though :(

anywho.. YAY for losing weight
  • ANGIRAMSEY
    Options
    I WOULD LIKE TO MAYBE BE COMFORTABLE ENOUGH TO TRY TO FIND A DATE (SINCE I PUT ON 70LBS IN 6 MONTHS AFTER MY HYSTERECTOMY IN 07) I HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED OUT NOR HAVE I LOOKED CAUSE I CANT SEE HOW ANYONE COULD SEE ME AS PRETTY IF I DONT MYSELF.... SO MY GOLE IS TO LOSE 50 LBS AND GET A DATE.... LOL I AM JUST STARTING THIS ADVENTURE I HAVE LOST 3 LBS IN 2 WEEKS
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Maybe even before my UGW, I'd like to feel confident enough to wear shorts. I'm not even going to torture myself (or others!) with imagery of a bikini, but I haven't worn shorts since I was a kid. So shorts and tank top this summer! :noway: Ah, that still scares me...

I know what you mean!!! I never wear shorts. I have always hated my legs. :( It's really uncomfortable wearing jeans when its 90+ degrees out though. I want to be confident enough to wear shorts in public!

What are shorts again? They're absolutely not in my VOCABULARY at this point in my life. This summer, YES. Hopefully.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    To be able to walk around the beach without covering my stomach

To be able to wear shorts with confidence
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight of 175 lbs, I will get a tummy tuck. Already know who I want to do it and everything...absolute succesful surgeon. That will prob get me down to 150, and I will be comfortable wearing a bikini.
  • ANGIRAMSEY
    Options
    I want a demonic back wings tattoo. I also love corsets so I will be wearing more them. After a body lift and probably boob lift I will be wearing a bikini for the first time ever.
    BE CAREFUL OF PLASTIC SURGEONS (PLEASE MINE TRIED TO KILL ME AND I AM SCARED FOR LIFE NO JOKE ) CHECK AND RECHECK
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I look forward to being able to shop in the normal stores with my sister and not feel like I'm being judged. I feel like when I'm in there other people are looking at me like "What are you doing in here? You can't shop here." Nobody has ever said that to me but I feel like they're thinking it.

And I also plan to get my first tattoo as a reward when I get to my UGW. Although my goal weight isn't a finite number, I'll know when I get there.
  • karbenblack
    karbenblack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lol- yes, I would like to do the same - I realized the other day I couldn't bend down and get something off the floor from my chair!

I want to fit into my smaller clothes and stop wearing the same two pairs of pants, becuase I don't want to buy a bigger size.
  • karbenblack
    karbenblack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being able to sit with my knees to my chest and breathe at the same time.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    This is nice that most of us are wanting to be comfortable and confident in something simple like shorts. I thought I'd be the only one with what seems so plain but it's a big statement on how many of us covered ourselves with fabric in addition to weight! Good luck to you all (and me too) in reaching our goals and UGW!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of myself when I was a teenager on my fridge. That picture always makes me smile. I was very active (not sports, just outgoing) those days and I would love to be back there again.

So at my UGW, I am looking at that picture and saying "Nice to meet you again, dont you look handsome!" :)
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    to never have to take insulin again
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I want to wear shorts in public. With confidence. I want to wear single digit pants size (I'm so very, very close). I want to be less jiggly, and have some muscle definition. I know I will still have stretch marks, kids do that to you. But I will be happy.