just made my food diary public.....

Options
this means you can see where I overdue on the weekends with my wine and occasionally lemon martinis... actually I guess on the alcohol a lot....:blushing:
If anyone has any suggestions on my food choices, let me know, because I am a bit of a standstill right now...hit that 'ole plateau....

Replies

• CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Wow girl. Are you done logging for today? You need to make sure and eat at least half your exercise calories back. Also are you drinking your water? Make sure and keep track of that too. That helps me see where I'm at with my liquids for the day. I have to applaud you for putting your diary out there for critique. I'm at work so I just peeked at today it doesn't seem like you're doing bad if you get your exercise calories in. You are doing AWESOME on your exercise. WOW that is a lof of calories burned.

Good Luck! I hope you get a lot of helpful feedback.
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I would suggest more fruit and veggies... you have exercised a lot and need to make up some calories and those would be the most benificial...
  • rabbit45
    rabbit45 Posts: 36
    Options
    wow... i am amazed at your exercise routine! great job! do you wear a heart rate monitor to track calories burned, or do you use the machine counter/mfp exercise entry? i was thinking that because you are exercising so much, if you're not sure the exact calories burned you could end up with a big discrepancy between that and what the machines are saying. i've noticed that mine do not match up well with my hrm. causes a problem when you eat back all of those calories - i think i was going over on calories before i purchased a hrm. they can be expensive, but they really do help. keep up the good work!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

If this is working for you and you're losing weight the way you want to, then keep doing it.

If it's not working, I'd suggest you eliminate the high sodium stuff and all the empty calorie cookies and sweets and eat more fresh foods (fruit, veggies, lean protein, whole grain)

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    Wow girl. Are you done logging for today? You need to make sure and eat at least half your exercise calories back. Also are you drinking your water? Make sure and keep track of that too. That helps me see where I'm at with my liquids for the day. I have to applaud you for putting your diary out there for critique. I'm at work so I just peeked at today it doesn't seem like you're doing bad if you get your exercise calories in. You are doing AWESOME on your exercise. WOW that is a lof of calories burned.

I actually just finished logging my calories-- so I ate almost all my calories. Last week I ate mostly cereal for dinner cuz husband was out of town-- i was lazy!:bigsmile:
  • 2catowner
    Options
    wow... i am amazed at your exercise routine! great job! do you wear a heart rate monitor to track calories burned, or do you use the machine counter/mfp exercise entry? i was thinking that because you are exercising so much, if you're not sure the exact calories burned you could end up with a big discrepancy between that and what the machines are saying. i've noticed that mine do not match up well with my hrm. causes a problem when you eat back all of those calories - i think i was going over on calories before i purchased a hrm. they can be expensive, but they really do help. keep up the good work!
    I do wear a HRM but it doesn't give me calories, just avg hr. I usually deduct about 15-20% from what the machine says I burn.l try to keep hr at about 120-128. Thanks for the feedback.
  • 2catowner
    Options

I definitely could eat better, I go thru phases.l do like to eat, so I'd just as soon excercise more - and I figured, what the heck, noone knows me so the criticism won't bother me!:flowerforyou:
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    I'm surprised that you eat so many calories and yet there's so little fiber in your diet! :noway: I would definitely recommend that you eat more vegetables and fruits and whole grains. Looks like you like cereals. Try Kashi cereals. They have A LOT of fiber from many different grains in them. =)
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    This is an excerpt from a webpage with info on fiber that I thought you might find helpful.

Q: I know fiber helps keep people “regular.” I’ve also heard it helps flush fat from the body. Is that true?

A: Yes, fiber can help rid the body of some dietary fat. Because the human body is unable to break down fiber, it leaves the body pretty much in the same form it entered. As fiber winds its way through your digestive system, it grabs fats and carries them all the way through to the colon, where a fat-and-fi ber package is bundled, water is extracted, and the bundle eliminated from the body. Keep in mind, though, that it’s all a matter of proportion. If you eat half an apple and a whole pizza, the amount of fi ber in the apple is not up to the task of scrubbing out all the fat from the pizza.

• 2catowner
    Options
    This is an excerpt from a webpage with info on fiber that I thought you might find helpful.

Q: I know fiber helps keep people “regular.” I’ve also heard it helps flush fat from the body. Is that true?

A: Yes, fiber can help rid the body of some dietary fat. Because the human body is unable to break down fiber, it leaves the body pretty much in the same form it entered. As fiber winds its way through your digestive system, it grabs fats and carries them all the way through to the colon, where a fat-and-fi ber package is bundled, water is extracted, and the bundle eliminated from the body. Keep in mind, though, that it’s all a matter of proportion. If you eat half an apple and a whole pizza, the amount of fi ber in the apple is not up to the task of scrubbing out all the fat from the pizza.

wow, that was really interesting. it looks like this concept is working for you. Are you a vegetarian? I need to look up some high fiber foods because this is confusing to me as to what foods are high fiber. Thanks for your input and I will got to the vegetariantimes.com link to read more! :flowerforyou:
  • 2catowner
    Options
    I'm surprised that you eat so many calories and yet there's so little fiber in your diet! :noway: I would definitely recommend that you eat more vegetables and fruits and whole grains. Looks like you like cereals. Try Kashi cereals. They have A LOT of fiber from many different grains in them. =)
    do you think Total cereals are as good as Kashi? I am just wondering because of the ads they run on tv and they have that really good pomegranate cereal that is soooo good.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What about sodium?? I checked out your diary and some of the foods you are consuming I am pretty sure are higher on the sodium content. Maybe add that as one of the things tracked to your diary and check it out cause that can cause issues with weight loss too.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    do you think Total cereals are as good as Kashi? I am just wondering because of the ads they run on tv and they have that really good pomegranate cereal that is soooo good.

There's an easy way to find out. Check the nutritional facts on both and compare them. I believe that Kashi as more dietary fiber and I can never finish that bowl of cereal quickly. It requires more chewing than Total cereal def. And the kind of cereal you like has high sugar content for a cereal so I wouldn't overdo it on the cereal. One bowl a day for breakfast. Btw you shouldn't be relying on cereal for most of your fiber. Real vegetables and fruits can't stress them enough. If you like the pomegranate I would add that into the cereal myself and maybe with some blueberries. That seems like an easy way to get some fruits in. :bigsmile: