27 lbs down! 40 to go! My First Success Post With Pics

Options
dreamjo
dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
This is my first success post and even though I am about half way to my goal, I finally got the courage to post here. I started back in Late September at my heaviest, 210lbs. I had spent the last couple of years emotional eating through stress, grief over loss of my family, and depression and finally decided I needed to become healthier both mentally and psychically. I joined weight watchers and the support of my group, my husband, and my good friends on My Fitness Pal have helped me so much. I've lost about 27 lbs already and look forward to losing about 40 more this year. I'll always be an emotional eater, but I now know I have the strength to control it and become a healthier me in all ways.

at 210 back in the summer of 2011

210summer2011.jpg

july2012.jpg

First 20lbs down in February of 2012 :)

20down.jpg

And finally, 27lbs down at 183lbs in March 2012

IMG_7139.jpg

I am hoping that I reach my goal of around 145 lbs this year and maybe even before summer!

Thanks everyone for your support.

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You look fab <3
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • dreamjo
    dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! :)
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    wow! you look amazing. Great job. I just started, Thank you for the inspiration!
  • reschlager
    Options
    Yay! Congrats...way to go!!
  • starrynigh8
    starrynigh8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    You look so happy! Continue doing what you're doing and you'll be at 145 in no time! :)
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep up the great work :)
  • dkahiri
    dkahiri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! way to go girl!
  • jdennis719
    jdennis719 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful. Having only been on here a few short months, your success gives me more hope and determination to stick to it. Congratulations on your hard work and success!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person! Congratulations on all your hard work. You are inspirational to those of us starting on our journeys.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I find alot of similarties in our storeis as well as body changes, very motivating. At my heaviest I was 219 pounds and as of my weigh in this past Friday I am down 23 pounds. It is fun discovering your body =) Congrats girl you look awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Such a difference already! Keep it up :)
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    wow, what a differnce that 27lbs makes! You look great!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to see this morning. I medicate stress with food too and have only lost #16 since starting last fall. I am slowly learning that the best way to handle the stress is by taking better care of myself. I sometimes stumble but my friends here and inspirational stories such as yours keep me focused on the greater picture. Thank you for having the courage ot share it.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    wtg!
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Best of luck reaching ur goal this year:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!