Here I go again . . .

Options
Why is it that starting over is sooooooo hard? I was doing well and enjoying my exercise routine and new food menu. Suddenly every time I turned around there was something to steal my focus or time. I know that there are no good excuses. I now find myself starting over again and wondering why I ever allowed anything to rob me of my focus.

Does anyone else battle the thought that keeps haunting you, "Why start over you know that you will just quit again?"

Well, nevertheless, here I go again . . . back to the exercise and back to counting calories!!!! I must remember that even if I fall down tomorrow I WALKED today!!!

Good luck to everyone . . . for those starting over and those continuing on . . . I guess we can all say at the start of each new day "Here We Go Again!"

Replies

• MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Oh my lord, yes!! DAILY.

But today I skipped my daily cocktail. And tomorrow I get back in the gym. And my eating habits are changing. I'm logging religously.

Best of luck and press on!!! :bigsmile:
  • jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I go through that cycle more often than I care to admit. I kinda blew my day today, with family in town and I was a little liberal with the bbq feast. But today is another day, and I just try to keep my goals close to me and when I get a little discouraged with my progress I try to tell myself " I didn't put it on over night it won't come off overnight".

I'm really not sure if this helps but take it one day at a time and keep plugging. I've seen great results from people who just kept going forward.

Good luck.
    241320.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Ah, yes... I'm starting over too. I was doing so well and then.... 10 lbs later... :angry: But you know something? I have to get back on the horse! I'm always going to battle my weight. If I stop fighting, that means I'm resigning to obesity. And then what? I hit 200? Then 220? Then 250? Then I end up like my mom, unable to walk at age 55? No way! Its way better to try, do well, falter, try again, and keep going. So what if I gain and lose the same 20 lbs over and over again. The alternative is facing an even more difficult challenge after 10 years of not trying, or even worse, living a sedentary (and unfulfilling) life.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it is so hard to start over again, right now I am having a hard time but I made up my mind that I am going to take this thing one day at a time and I will not let it defeat me, b/c I can do all things thru Christ who strengtheneth me!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cindymichelle
    cindymichelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the response. Good to know your not alone. I love that scripture in Philippians. It is one of my favorites. Now if I can just be a "doer of the word and not just a hearer only" I'll make it. Thanks again

208640.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter