The Geek Squad

2»

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Do you have to be a Best Buy employee to participate?
    people claiming the term geek is annoying.

And the Best Buy Geek Squad? Don't get me started.

What on earth is "Best Buy"??
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member

An oxymoron.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    I can't stand big bang theory. Love the IT crowd. Am I a hypocrite?

I've never actually seen TBBT, but I LOVE The IT Crowd, so I'd say no. :)

and seriously the group is fun lol
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member

An oxymoron.

:laugh: lol- I've had the worst luck with Best Buy's Geek Squad. I knew more about computers and computers aren't my job.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member

An oxymoron.

Had a look. We don't have it over here.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    An oxymoron.
    :laugh: lol- I've had the worst luck with Best Buy's Geek Squad. I knew more about computers and computers aren't my job.

I actually enjoy Best Buy.... but I don't need a geek squad, because my hubby is allllll the geek squad I could ever need! <3
  • Do you have to be a Best Buy employee to participate?
    An oxymoron.

I actually enjoy Best Buy.... but I don't need a geek squad, because my hubby is allllll the geek squad I could ever need! <3

Yeah, we don't have Best Buy in England so this whole Best Buy Geek Squad thing was lost on me.

So you mean i've made a group which has the same name as a supermarket's IT department? GENIUS! :laugh:
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Can we block that guy from even commenting on this board?
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member

An oxymoron.

I call it "Worst Buy"
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    I can't stand big bang theory. Love the IT crowd. Am I a hypocrite?

Hypocrite? Cer. It actually means that you appreciate things that are actually funny, not just milled out to be funny. : )
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    5TCjzl.jpg

And to the OP...The Geek Squad here is terrible. Imagine bringing your computer to people who have made it past chapter 2 of Computer for Dummies and now they are "experts".

When I clicked on your title, that's what I thought this thread would be about.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    5TCjzl.jpg

And to the OP...The Geek Squad here is terrible. Imagine bringing your computer to people who have made it past chapter 2 of Computer for Dummies and now they are "experts".

They get the guys that can't get a job with an actual IT service company. They also pay about 30% less than an entry level IT job. So, I mean, what can you expect?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member

Which guy?!?
  • The people that comment on something they are not interested in just to get a response always make me smile.
  • Can we block that guy from even commenting on this board?
    5TCjzl.jpg

They get the guys that can't get a job with an actual IT service company. They also pay about 30% less than an entry level IT job. So, I mean, what can you expect?

Sounds like http://www.pcworld.co.uk in the UK.

I was in one of their stores a few years back when one of their "experts" tried to sell me a gigabit router for my home network. I told him that my machines only had 10/100 nic cards so there wouldn't be much point.
    He was like, 'oh, this will make your network run 10x faster'.
    I was like 'No it won't, the cards in my machines have a max speed is 100 Mbit/s so my network won't run any faster.'
    He then looked at me as if I was stupid and said 'This is a gigabit router. That's 1000 Mbit/s! 10x faster than want you have!!'
    I looked at him as if he was stupid 'The max I could ever get from that is 100 Mbit/s'
    Him 'No, 1000 Mbit/s... it's new!'

*facepalm*
  • Now that we have established that this thread has nothing to do with some American computer support company, lets get back to the reason I started this thread in the first place...

Who wants to a join a group for people who are into comics, sci-fi, zombies, gaming, and lots of other AMAZING things?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squad
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Being a geek is supposed to be a bad thing. You aren't supposed to be proud of it!

I hate Best Buy because they have these great online deals that don't actually exist. You purchase something only to be told after the fact that they have sold out of the item you've already purchased. I drove 25 miles for a store pickup to be told that a laptop I purchased online was completely gone and not going to be restocked ever.

I hate Geek Squad because they are a complete ripoff. It would be cheaper to just buy a new computer every time something went bad.
  • Being a geek is supposed to be a bad thing. You aren't supposed to be proud of it!

I hate Best Buy because they have these great online deals that don't actually exist. You purchase something only to be told after the fact that they have sold out of the item you've already purchased. I drove 25 miles for a store pickup to be told that a laptop I purchased online was completely gone and not going to be restocked ever.

I hate Geek Squad because they are a complete ripoff. It would be cheaper to just buy a new computer every time something went bad.

Haven't we already covered this?
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Being a geek is supposed to be a bad thing. You aren't supposed to be proud of it!

Don't feed the troll - use fire or acid instead!