:( Weak Day

Options
I had extra butter popcorn, a hershey bar, and a slice of cheesecake, fried chicken, and white rice.... what an unhealthy day. Does anyone else ever have weak moments??

Replies

• kandicekaye
    kandicekaye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    even after my hour and 20minute work out i was over my calorie goal. :(
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    All the time.. I try to let myself have a day off instead of spurging the other uncontrollable way though... Or indulging my 'cravings' with a small treat rather than binging when I'm really craving it

works for me.. makes it a part of my life rather than a diet
  • karbenblack
    karbenblack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had extra butter popcorn, a hershey bar, and a slice of cheesecake, fried chicken, and white rice.... what an unhealthy day. Does anyone else ever have weak moments??

3pc of pizza with 1/2 bag of movie popcorn! I did do an hour on my bike afterward - but still feel bad about it.

Let's not beat ourselves up too much - tomorrow is a better day already!
  • Catz15
    Catz15 Posts: 19
    Options
    Happens to the best of us :smile: try to work out harder tomorrow :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Of course.
    But, what matters is not so much what has happenned today, but how you react to it and what you do tomorrow.
    You can either wallow in self pity ("oh I'm so weak, I shouldn't have eaten all that crap, it just proves that I will never be able to lose weight") or you can say "I made some BAD choices today, I'm going to plan a really healthy day tomorrow and STICK TO IT!".
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    I think its normal for all of us to have days like this. And yes, I kick myself and feel guilty about it, but i try to start each day fresh. things in life come up so our diet/workout plans can not always be 100% every day. and it's good to have those days every now and then because they really do help you realize how much you really do want it (the guilt feelings). as long as it's not an every day thing it's not that big of a deal. really. :)
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Mmmmm. Why didnt you invite me over for dinner?

LOL

Dont sweat it. Todays a new day. Forge ahead!!!!!!!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I had 3, repeat, 3 chocolate chip muffins yesterday. So what? As long as it's not everyday, it's fine. Get back on track and do an extra workout, sorted.
  • raindncer
    raindncer Posts: 10
    Options
    Of course.
    But, what matters is not so much what has happenned today, but how you react to it and what you do tomorrow.
    You can either wallow in self pity ("oh I'm so weak, I shouldn't have eaten all that crap, it just proves that I will never be able to lose weight") or you can say "I made some BAD choices today, I'm going to plan a really healthy day tomorrow and STICK TO IT!".

This!! I know if I wallow when I have off days, I tend to have a cycle of off days where I think to myself "I blew it, may as well just eat what I want." But everyone else is right.....TODAY is TODAY and what happened yesterday is the PAST. Forget it and move forward!
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    if you dont treat your self occasionally you'll crave it.....i had a southern fried chipen wrap from the takeaway late last night when my hubby came in.....even tho i'd had my tea.....once in a while wont hurt!
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When my TOM comes around I go way off. But I try to let myself have a day off now and then to keep from going off the deep end. Now todays a new day. And you did exercise, so give yourself some credit. :laugh:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

My weak days usually happen on the weekend, but now I let myself have a day where I can eat something unhealthy (usually saturday), it's hard when you aren't home all the time to cook a meal, so sometimes I have to not eat as healthy!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Same story... Ate pizza, muffins, candy, even had a soda (non-diet) with no chance to exercice! Terrible day yesterday, but I woke up this morning anyhow...
    Ran three miles, had some oatmeal for breakfast and am back on track! Cant change history, but you can write the next healthy chapter! Keep going- Have a great day!!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    We all have them, its how you scrape yourself back up that is what matters. Dust yourself off... and start again tomorrow!! :)
  • Beth_R
    Beth_R Posts: 6
    Options
    I had a weak night last night too. Did well all day, then after dinner, the snack monster hit. When that happens, I sometimes say screw it and go off plan for a couple days, and have whatever I want, but last night happened, and this morning I am getting back on track. I'm not going to let it derail everything I have done. It was a weak moment, and I am moving forward.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Aah it's just one day - enjoy for what it is, today's a totally different one
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!! Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has a bad day once and awhile. Just pick yourself
    up and get back at it as soon as possible. Also, maybe an extra hard workout.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have them almost every week and I've lost over 50 lbs!

Better to enjoy the foods you love and lose the weight slowly so don't feel bad just work hard for the rest of the week :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    All the time.. I try to let myself have a day off instead of spurging the other uncontrollable way though... Or indulging my 'cravings' with a small treat rather than binging when I'm really craving it

works for me.. makes it a part of my life rather than a diet

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!

You have to listen to your body. If it's craving something, make it fit into your daily diet, or give it a day, or give yourself permission to wait till the weekend. Don't deny yourself the things you love because you're on a 'diet.' Diets fail. Have one day a week where it's ok to have the things you really love and make the other days really controlled, and make the spike day really really worth it.

If I'm craving a burger, I lighten it up with a light bun, laughing cow cheese and turkey burger instead of red meat. If I'm craving chocolate, I lighten it up with a fiber one brownie, OR I tell myself, "this weekend, if my weigh in is good, I'll enjoy a treat with my family OR I keep some chocolate treats in the freezer. If I'm really craving it, I have ONE, log it and move on. if there's a birthday party or something (I love cake) I make sure, without a doubt that I have room in my diary for a piece of cake. Turns out, I have chocolate almost every single day. I vowed at the beginning of this, that I would not give it up, and I haven't yet, and look where I've gotten.

You have to be able to demonstrate some self control over your cravings if you are going to succeed. You have to be able to tell yourself NO and have your inner cravings comply if you don't have the space for it in your diary....

JMHO...