Is it bad...

Options
That I want to put it in someones face that YES, I am working out and succeeding at it? I had some friends from college-- and when she found out I was losing weight she asked how much, and I thought she was being sinceire. Well boy was I wrong. She wanted to know so she could go talk **** about me and tell people how "fat" i was and that I could never do it. Well I've lost 60 lbs and am still going strong! And I honestly just want to put it in her face, and show her that I did it. But, I hate negativity and "toxic" relationships, so I don't know that this is the best decision on my part. But I feel like I want to be like "hey, you talked **** and look at me now."

Advice please :)

Replies

• VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Well, she sounds like a *****. I'd totally rub it in her face. But that's just me. An eye for an eye.

:P
  • diagyrl
    diagyrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The easy answer is to say - take pride in the fact that she feels the need to degrade you because you are doing so well!!!!!

But perhaps it would be best to say - I am sorry that you felt the need to be so disrespectful and unsupportive of me, but I am proud of what I am accomplishing and where I am going
    to that end I can not allow toxic and unsupportive people in my life ---- so, while I wish you all the best, I must bid you adieu.

HUGS HUGS HUGS - I am sorry that you are having to go through this!!!
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    I would just be the mature one and leave it! I know ur gonna do it and so do u! That's all that matters, she will come across u one day and see all ur success, that's the best thing u could do:)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'd rub it in her face :)!
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    Well, she sounds like a *****. I'd totally rub it in her face. But that's just me. An eye for an eye.

:P

hahaha I LOVE this!
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That I want to put it in someones face that YES, I am working out and succeeding at it? I had some friends from college-- and when she found out I was losing weight she asked how much, and I thought she was being sinceire. Well boy was I wrong. She wanted to know so she could go talk **** about me and tell people how "fat" i was and that I could never do it. Well I've lost 60 lbs and am still going strong! And I honestly just want to put it in her face, and show her that I did it. But, I hate negativity and "toxic" relationships, so I don't know that this is the best decision on my part. But I feel like I want to be like "hey, you talked **** and look at me now."

First off, Congratulations! That is amazing that you've lost 60lbs!
    And I would rub it in her face;
    or make sure the next time she saw me I looked amazing and not mention a thing (because you know she will notice)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You don't have to rub it in her face - stupid miserable horrible cow will get the message when you merely walk past, looking fabulous :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    But, I hate negativity and "toxic" relationships, so I don't know that this is the best decision on my part.

In my mind, you answerered your own question right there. You don't like negativity and toxic relationships... let her remain toxic and you keep moving, girl. Don't let her steal your glory. Keep moving and doing you. Forget her. Props for that 60 pounds lost, by the way!!
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your friend is jealous. I dont understand why some people have to put down those who are doing the right thing. Just dont drop down to her level.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Well - an eye for an eye would make the whole world blind...

That being said, I'd definitely flaunt your success so not just her but everyone can see your hard work.

Don't act smug or superior...just be proud of yourself and confident!!! That beyotch will see that you look amazing and shut her mouth quickly! :)
  • yummymummyto2
    Options
    WOW 60lbs lost, well done for that first and foremost :flowerforyou:

me personally i would let her get on with it, she will hopefully choke on her own horrible, nasty words when you keep doing so well!! and SO WHAT!!! you WERE bigger!! NOW YOU'RE NOT!!!!! :bigsmile: you've made the very hard descision to lose weight because you weren't happy with yourself so dont let what someone else thinks or say's about take away from the fact that you've done fantastically well
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge! You have already "rubbed it in her face" just by accomplishing all that you have. It has made her envious of you, that's WHY she feels the need to belittle your significant weight loss to others. But everyone sees her comments for what they are worth...sour grapes and jealousy. Bask in your wonderful transformation and be glad you are not as unhappy as she. :)
  • SFalconStorm
    SFalconStorm Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have heard it said that the best revenge against people like that is to succeed. She said you couldn't do it, but you ARE doing it, which makes her look ten times the fool to the people she gossiped with. You really don't have to do a thing to exact your revenge except to keep on keeping on and imagine to yourself how she'll stutter and stumble over her words the next time someone mentions to her how far you've come.