why do i want to loose weight? I'll tell you.....

Options
because... when my husband is telling me reasons he loves me ....

... "because you make me laugh"...
...." because you are so caring"....
....."you bring out the best in me"......
...." because you love me so much...."

..... ....... just once, i'd like to hear "because you're beautiful."..... and i want to believe it.

Replies

• Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    But you ARE beautiful!! :smile:
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    You ARE one of the most beautiful people I know...inside AND OUT. Just believe in you! This road is for you not anyone else
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    As a visually-oriented guy, your husband was probably first attracted to your beauty (you really ARE beautiful!) But it's all these other wonderful qualities you have that made him want to put that ring on your finger and keep you forever. It's your whole person that he loves. This is a good thing!
    (Is he an introvert? I've learned from my own hubby that introverted guys are less likely to hand out compliments. :wink: But that doesn't mean that he doesn't think that you are beautiful, just that it doesn't occur to him to say it out loud. Tell him that you need to hear it.)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    "My Inspirations

Self-Worth .... I feel none.
    Self-Confidence .......... I have none."

You sound like a really amazing person. The above attributes don't come from losing a few pounds, nor do they result in a happy marriage. My best wishes to you.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    As a visually-oriented guy, your husband was probably first attracted to your beauty (you really ARE beautiful!) But it's all these other wonderful qualities you have that made him want to put that ring on your finger and keep you forever. It's your whole person that he loves. This is a good thing!
    (Is he an introvert? I've learned from my own hubby that introverted guys are less likely to hand out compliments. :wink: But that doesn't mean that he doesn't think that you are beautiful, just that it doesn't occur to him to say it out loud. Tell him that you need to hear it.)

He is quick to compliment me. He thanks me all of the time for when i make a meal, tells me he appreciates me just out of the blue, and calls me more than once a day just to tell me how much he loves me. he's definitely not shy with expressing how much he cares, and i know that's rare! i'm soooo blessed! He told me the other night that the reason he doesn't say i'm beautiful as much as he wants, is because apparently i don't receive it well. i'll kind of make a face or cringe, or i'll disagree and say "i'm ok" or something. I can accept a compliment on anything but my looks, because all i see is an overweight woman with a skinny husband. I feel ashamed for him to be seen with me, because i know no one is looking at him saying "man that guy is lucky!" It sucks. He proposed to me and married me at my heaviest weight too, a whopping 70lbs overweight. And we started dating when i was at my thinnest. I have no doubt he loves me for me, and i'm lucky for that!

"You sound like a really amazing person. The above attributes don't come from losing a few pounds, nor do they result in a happy marriage. My best wishes to you"

as for this, we are newlyweds, but we are so happy. i feel us getting stronger every day. I just need to feel good about myself. As for every other aspect of our life, i couldn't be happier!! Our home, our jobs, etc.... we're thrilled. I just need to get my self-confidence back :smile:
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You're lucky, then. But why have you lost your confidence?
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Because I'm not comfortable in my own skin..... :/