Curly Girls - Any out there?

Options
Jazzmagic
Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest any good products for naturally curly hair...preferably in the UK, but sometimes I can find international products. I find if I don't swap and change products my hair gets bored and I don't get the same results. Anyone care to share any secrets?

Thanks

Cat

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not from the UK but do you have an Avon or any place that sells Advanced Techniques products?
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have it in the UK, but I'm a big fan of the Herbal Essences Curl Construct!
  • Beth_R
    Beth_R Posts: 6
    Options
    I use Aveda Be Curly style prep, and Bed Head Curls Rock. Love both!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Frizz Ease, expensive but the best thing I've found! Usually stock up on a load when Boots have it on offer (2 for £7.50 at the mo)
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Do you know any hairdressers or anyone who stocks keune? Keune curl activator spray is fantastic. If not i also use beyond the zone noodle head spray, you can get it in Sallys. :happy:
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Nourishing Masque - I love this stuff. I use it once a week, but you can use as often as you like. My curls look amazing aftr I use it.

Moroccan Oil (the cream) - I use this everyday. Gives me enough weight to get rid of fly aways, but it keeps all the curls really soft.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Go to www.pakcosmetics.com
    I get all my products from there. I use creme of nature shampoo and conditioner and use hair mayonnaise treatment once a month. http://www.pakcosmetics.com/brand/africas-best/organics-olive-oil/organics-olive-oil-moisturizing-growth-lotion.html I use this daily. Just put a little bit through my hair so it doesn't dry out. I have to use these kind of products on my hair because "normal" shop brands do nothing for my hair!
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Oh and not sure where you're based but there are lots of shops around. Bright green and purple lol. I'm in London and there are loads
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I find if I don't swap and change products my hair gets bored and I don't get the same results.

Me too, When my hair gets bored I use Neutrogena Shampoo, Anti-Residue Formula or a dandruff shampoo to remove the shampoo/conditioner residue. Then go back to whatever shampoo i was using.
    But I'm going to have to try some of these.
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    I'm not from the UK but do you have an Avon or any place that sells Advanced Techniques products?

we have Avon but not sure about the brand Advanced Techniques, will look into it though!
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have it in the UK, but I'm a big fan of the Herbal Essences Curl Construct!

Hmmmm we have Herbal Essences but don't think we have that variant... I used to work for a health and beauty distributor and was amazed that there was so many more variants available worldwide to products than I'd realised!
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    I use Aveda Be Curly style prep, and Bed Head Curls Rock. Love both!

I've pondered about Aveda before... might give it a go. Not had much luck personally with the bed head stuff though : (
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Frizz Ease, expensive but the best thing I've found! Usually stock up on a load when Boots have it on offer (2 for £7.50 at the mo)

I used to love frizz ease and it worked awesome on my hair as a kid but as an adult, not so much : ( might give it another go tho!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    John Frieda Collection Frizz-Ease Dream Curls Curl-Perfecting Spray

Then I spray a little hair spray on after that and scrunch. It looks more natural but still holds my curls and doesn't leave me frizzy.
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Do you know any hairdressers or anyone who stocks keune? Keune curl activator spray is fantastic. If not i also use beyond the zone noodle head spray, you can get it in Sallys. :happy:

Keune hmmm not heard of it but I'll have a mooch about! As for beyond the zone, think I've debated buying this in the past.
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Nourishing Masque - I love this stuff. I use it once a week, but you can use as often as you like. My curls look amazing aftr I use it.

Moroccan Oil (the cream) - I use this everyday. Gives me enough weight to get rid of fly aways, but it keeps all the curls really soft.

Oooo bumble and bumble, i'd forgotten about them! As for moroccan oil, that's something else I've really wanted to try but been a little unsure of!
  • AprilShore
    AprilShore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have crazy curly hair and am allergic to botanicals, so it is a challenge. Aveda has been good to me as has Dove products. I go between a hair lotion and mouse. Hope this helps.
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Go to www.pakcosmetics.com
    I get all my products from there. I use creme of nature shampoo and conditioner and use hair mayonnaise treatment once a month. http://www.pakcosmetics.com/brand/africas-best/organics-olive-oil/organics-olive-oil-moisturizing-growth-lotion.html I use this daily. Just put a little bit through my hair so it doesn't dry out. I have to use these kind of products on my hair because "normal" shop brands do nothing for my hair!

Awesome I'll check it out : ) Thanks x
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    I find if I don't swap and change products my hair gets bored and I don't get the same results.

Me too, When my hair gets bored I use Neutrogena Shampoo, Anti-Residue Formula or a dandruff shampoo to remove the shampoo/conditioner residue. Then go back to whatever shampoo i was using.
    But I'm going to have to try some of these.

That sounds like a really good idea I might give that a try! Thanks!
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    John Frieda Collection Frizz-Ease Dream Curls Curl-Perfecting Spray

Then I spray a little hair spray on after that and scrunch. It looks more natural but still holds my curls and doesn't leave me frizzy.

I've tried this but my hair doesn't seem to like it much..didnt appear to do anything : (