No-cook dinner recipes?

Options
kittyinaz
kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
Does anyone have some simple/quick no-cook dinner recipes that ARE NOT a salad?? I'd love to hear them! My boyfriend and I are just so exhausted when we get home we rarely want to cook, and I don't wanna break down and order pizza or do take out.

Replies

• silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    When I don't feel like cooking, I always fall back on sub sandwiches or just plain deli meat and bread sandwiches. If you get low calorie bread it's not so many calories.

Not sure of anything else though, would love to hear other ideas.
  • Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    Heat up some kidney beans, mash and mix with corn, diced tomatoes and mashed avocado and then throw it into a tortilla. So good!
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Stock pitta bread in your freezer!
    A tube of tomato puree in your fridge.
    Some laughing cow cheese (extra light)
    Ham, hot dogs,whatever...

Bang them all together. Instant pizza :)
  • Wraps...high fiber, low carb tortillas!
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump! I like to just microwave a potato or sweet potato!
  • TrainerVicki
    TrainerVicki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    a can of tuna or chicken is my go to when I don't have time or energy to cook. You can put it on a tortilla with some premade pico de gallo or salsa. Or you can mix it with 0% fat Greek Yogurt and some garlic powder, onion powder, tiny bit of curry powder, add some grapes or sweet relish and tuna/chicken salad! Use pita chips and dip it or spread it on pita bread.
    Also, invest in a crockpot! You can throw in frozen chicken or beef and just add salsa or BBQ sauce and you have a meal ready to go when you get home!
  • amyallenstockwell
    amyallenstockwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I keep a few things on hand. hummus-dip carrots, cucumbers, celery or pita crackers in it.
    Mozzerella balls marinated and grape tomatoes( marinade has the seasoning)
    I keep extras from chili or veggie soup in the freezer. Soup and sandwiches seem to do it.
    Also, popcorn (lite) cheese and crackers and grapes
    Keep some Lean Cuisines or some of the family size meals to just heat up in the skillet
    Breakfast for supper- there are several breakfast egg bowls in the freezer section
    quesadillas black beans and cheese.
    Hope this helps.
    The best thing is to plan ahead on the weekends and make bigger batches of healthy meals and freeze for later in the week/month.
  • emcohen
    emcohen Posts: 46
    Options
    Ok so this may sound weird but my girlfriend and I love it. Take a package of ramen noodles, throw away the "flavoring" and fill the package with water for about 30 seconds. Then break it up and toss it with any fresh veggies, herbs, spices, leftover chicken or beef, etc. We also like to add some fat-free greek yogurt into the mix.
  • TheDrBuchanan
    TheDrBuchanan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's not totally no-cook, but it's quick and easy nonetheless.

Mix some canned tuna with some reduced fat cream cheese. Place a tortilla on a cookie sheet (sprayed with PAM), and spread with tuna mix. Cover in sliced roma tomatoes and reduced fat cheddar cheese. Broil until cheese is melty and toasty.

Ta-da! Tuna melts!

If you don't feel like broiling, my DH and I have definitely just dipped wheat thins into the tuna mix before.

Also, you can use this strategy to make healthy pizzas when you have the energy:
    Place tortilla on a PAM-sprayed cookie sheet. Smear with reduced fat ricotta and some spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with any combination of garlic powder, seasoning salt, Italian herbs, etc. Top with turkey pepperoni, and any veggies you have on hand (incl. banana peppers, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, spinach, mushroom, just to name a few). Sprinkle with reduced-fat mozzarella and broil until cheese is melty and toasty.

Ta-da! Healthy pizza!

Hope these help - they are definitely my go-to's when I don't feel like cooking much!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we'll do a bunch of cooking on a Sunday and freeze it. I've made homemade chicken nuggets (sometimes breaded, sometimes not) and popped them in a ziploc bag. I'll pull a few out and put them in the fridge before work. When we get home, they're thawed. SInce they're already cooked, 20 second in the microwave and *poof* , dinner is served.

Toaster pizza is also good. I keep rolls in the freezer. I'll take them out, nuke them for 10 seconds, throw them in the toaster oven until they start to brown, then put some jar sauce and some shredded cheese on. (Low-fat cheese, low cal rolls or English muffins work well)
  • xtraolives
    Options
    I like to put kidney beans, black beans, canned diced tomatoes with chilis and some corn if I have it in a bowl, mix it together and heat it in the microwave--instant chili!

I also like to take chickpeas, mash them, add a little bit of mayo, chopped celery, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and eat that on reduced fat triscuits. It's like egg salad, but with chickpeas.

I never have time to cook, so I have a billion of these quick recipes!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This does require pre-cooking some chicken (over the weekend for me), but I always have whole wheat tortillas and veggies on hand, so I make a wrap, which can be eaten hot or cold. Plus, I usually have salsa, bbq sauce, honey mustard, etc. available to mix up the flavors.
  • bettyclv
    bettyclv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Keep these things well stocked for the week. Make brown rice make enough for a day or two, always have potatos and sweet potatos in stock, low sodium light cans of soup...lots of veggies , wheat or spinach tortilla wraps and pita. Lots of canned tuna and friut. Also a few healthy choice meals or lean cuisine, smart ones is a good idea. We even do omlettes for dinner which can be a veggie one and made with yokes. very leans lunch meats too for quick sandwich and soup, less meat on them and more veggies make a wonderful sandwich. Boil a few eggs for to last a couple of days for a for egg salad, of just to add to your garden salad. If you bake your food like chicken ahead of time to last a few days that will limit a lot of fuss on what to eat. Cooking ahead and in bulk is the best time saver of them all. With pita bread or english muffins whole wheat you can make your own personal veggie pizzas