frustrated on week 2

Options
So ive been at this for my second week.. first week was awesome, I lost 4 pounds! This week I wont budge from 189. I'm getting extremely aggregated. And yes I weigh myself every morning (don't bother telling me not to.. these are the reasons why) I eat very welland stay disciplined. Any idea what's up??

Replies

• Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    A four pound loss is huge! Be thrilled about that and just keep going. I find that sometimes my weightloss goes in two week cycles, but I've never lost anything like four pounds in a week.

Just keep going and don't fret.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    2 weeks......is not a very long time hun
    4 pound loss on the first week thats great, if theres no loss this week so what - keep at it and the scale with move again - do not give up but also learn to be a bit more patient.
    I know it sounds annoying when people say it but the weight didnt get there overnight so it wont leave overnight either
    You are doing well and have a good attitude as in eating well and being disciplined.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i weigh regularly to keep myself motivated, and if i notice a big jump up, i know to watch out the next day food wise but i only log once a week for comparison

your body may be used to higher amounts, and it may eb a slight shock to the system

i try and remember that weight doesnt go on with the same amount every week, and it doesnt come off with the same amount every week - stick with it and i know ull see the scale move again - dont get disheartened after jsut 2 weeks - ther are ppl who plateau for 6 weeks and its hard to have the mental attitude to keep going,e ven when it appears its not working for you

quick question - are ur successes based on weight or size? would you rather be 150lbs and a clothes size 12, or 150lbs and a clothes size 10 but with muscle mass

personally, for me, its size but everyone is different
  • neubauer7
    neubauer7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So ive been at this for my second week.. first week was awesome, I lost 4 pounds! This week I wont budge from 189. I'm getting extremely aggregated. And yes I weigh myself every morning (don't bother telling me not to.. these are the reasons why) I eat very welland stay disciplined. Any idea what's up??

You're doing great- DO NOT GIVE UP!! I love the quote that says it takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the world to notice... give it 12 weeks and don't give up! :bigsmile:
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Four pounds in two weeks is AWESOME! You'll probably hear this a lot, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record: it didn't take two weeks to put on the weight, it won't take two weeks to take it off. Slow and steady is long lasting. Patience is a virtue! Trust me, I understand the frustration, but look at this more as an all-encompassing getting healthy for good rather than just numbers going down on the scale. Chin up, and keep at it! :)
  • OnlyGrace
    OnlyGrace Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are very complexed. I have learned that I too am a "chunk" loser. I lose a large amount then my body will rest a while. Later I loose a large amount again. Just have faith and know that if you stick to your program it will work! Don't give up!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I don't know anyone on MFP who has lost exactly one pound a week (or whatever their aim is). You will get fluctuations from week to week because there are so many variables.

My best advice is to stick at it for 6 months, look at your graph and tell me then that you're bothered about whether you lost exactly the same amount each week... :flowerforyou:

4558573.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    My first 4 pounds were most likely water weight since I cut my sodium intake in half.

PLEASE LOOK AT MY DIARY IF IT HELPS!
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options
    Also, just looking at your diary; do you track sodium? I notice that you have pre-packaged foods or meals every day, which are generally higher in sodium. Given that we can retain several pounds of water even overnight based on how much sodium we've consumed, it's something worth tracking.

Wouldn't hurt to up the protein, and add more veggies (leafy greens!) either :)
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    quick question - are ur successes based on weight or size? would you rather be 150lbs and a clothes size 12, or 150lbs and a clothes size 10 but with muscle mass

personally, for me, its size but everyone is different

I really don't care, id like to tone, but more worried about losing the 30 pounds first.. I just want to be thinner
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    Also, just looking at your diary; do you track sodium? I notice that you have pre-packaged foods or meals every day, which are generally higher in sodium. Given that we can retain several pounds of water even overnight based on how much sodium we've consumed, it's something worth tracking.

I rarely ever go over my sodium limit, and I DO most of the time go over my protein limit, maybe not everyday.. but quite a bit.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    I really don't know if this is going to make a difference, but I'm expecting my monthly friend any day now...
  • KarenRae66
    KarenRae66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Toning will make you thinner..I do a cardio and a toning exercise every day..upper one day and lower the next.
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options

I rarely ever go over my sodium limit, and I DO most of the time go over my protein limit, maybe not everyday.. but quite a bit.

Right, but the protein limit set by MFP is LOOOOOOW especially if you're working out, and looking to tighten up. For example, I eat over 120grams most days. The macros set by MFP for you can be tweaked... try playing around with them and upping your protein to maybe 35 - 40 %? I think MFP has it set for 25.

The RDA for protein (depending on where you read) is 0.8 g/kg to 1.2-1.8 g/kg ....

So if you're currently 189 = 85.7kg x .8 = 68 at the LEAST, but I'd pump it up to over 100.
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options
    I really don't know if this is going to make a difference, but I'm expecting my monthly friend any day now...

Definitely a difference.

We can retain up to 7 pounds of water given time of month, sodium intake, stress levels, sleep patterns, and even weather can affect your water retention - so maybe give it a week before you weigh again and make sure to keep drinking lots of water.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Keep at .. you had a good loss the first week.. and your body is adjusting! you'll notice the weight loss - Maybe up your water or change something in your workout ! YOU"VE GOT THIS!!! stay stong, you'll get through it.
  • polz7
    polz7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I lost 5lbs my first week and then nothing for 1.5-2 weeks but kept going with the same diet and exercise plan and the weight started going down again. 4lbs in a week is too much to be an actual healthy weight loss, just think of the plateau as your body trying to catch up with your previous loss. Especially if you're not gaining it back but staying there. Keep at it!
  • dancingqueen2013
    dancingqueen2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel, I posted earlier about being in a similar spot but as everyone said, 4 is great and it's better to come off slow but sure and hopefully it will stay off. You will probably drop another couple next week. Just try to be patient.
  • csw001
    csw001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The same exact thing happened to me - talk about depressing. I'm working crazy hours right now and the best opportunity for exercise is in the evening. I do at least an hour of cardio on the elliptical (bad knees). I wear a heart monitor and record the calories the monitor says I burned rather than the calories that MFP calculates. It helped a L O T to know that others have had the same experience. Thanks for sharing!
  • TrudyJo195
    Options
    On the average you should only take off five pounds a month. That is if you don't want to do the yoyo thing. Are you drinking the amount of water that you should? Are you working out like you should. This is one thing that I'm bad about doing.