Changes I Have Made and Stuck To

Options
-I quit drinking soft drinks about 4 years ago. I can honestly say that I have a soft drink maybe once a month.
-I quit drinking sweet tea months ago. This was super hard for me, but became easier!
-I now drink water or water with lemon.
-I switched to light butter. Blue Bonnet Light has the least calories AND the cheapest!
-I switched to skim milk.
-I am able to control portions and not overeat!
-Fast food is too convenient, but I'm proud to say that I haven't had it in two weeks.
-I'm a cheese addict, but I haven't had an overdose in a couple of weeks now.
-I had Texas Roadhouse the other night and instead of getting fries, I got veggies and LIKED it!
-I feel I can make healthy choices when going out and not miss the unhealthiness.
-I workout consistently
-The best change I've made is cardio. I LOVE ROLLERBLADING!

I plan to continue making permanent changes to a healthier lifestyle.
Any advice is welcome!

Replies

• KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Those are great changes! I was a soda (Coke) fanatic and now I will treat myself to one on the weekends. I just can't completely cut it out. It's too yummy :)
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've made some great changes. Congratulations. Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    great changes! i am a cheese addict as well.

I feel I can make healthy choices when going out and not miss the unhealthiness.

same here :smile:
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    great choices!!! I have given up soda totally & don't miss it as I drink a lot of water.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking any drinks with any sweetener in it about 3 years ago myself! Instead of soda, I have seltzer water with a lemon or water, instead of juice or sports drink I have unsweetened tea (hot or iced), and no sugar in my coffee ever! Every once in awhile, I'll treat myself to a hot chocolate. I find that after all this time, sweet drinks just make me thirsty! If I want my thirst quenched, I automatically reach for an unsweetened beverage...and I love it! Looking back, it's one of the best decisions I've ever made! :drinker:
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great changes. I've made most of those same changes. I keep telling everybody there's not magic pill - just making lifestyle changes and sticking to them. Keep up the great work.
  • AprilShore
    AprilShore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I switched from regular sodas to diet sodas. I don't drink coffee and need the caffeine. I also gave up fast food for Lent over 2 years ago and still haven't eaten it. My choleserol and digestive system thank me! I wish I could give up sweets. I am doing that for Lent this year, but crave them sooo badlly. I am also trying to cut out snacking. Good work to everyone who has a successful change!