The beginning, but not the end. (pics)

Options

Replies

• CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's how you feel and what your doctor says that matters. Keep on keeping on!! :glasses:
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reminding me the scale is not the only judge! You look great!
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, the BEST advice i can give is take the time to appreciate you at every step of the journey. Reflect on how far you've come, stop and think sometimes.

I got so caught up in that number on the scale going down, that I couldn't fully appreciate the milestones, instead of bieng happy i had awesome biceps, I kept staring at the "apron" I could see a shadow of below my shirt and feeling fat because of the number on the scale. Same thing with every picture, all I could see was what was wrong.

from now on.. I will look for all that is right!! Good luck to all!!

First i want to say congrats, you look amazing. Second let me say that reading the above really touched me. When i started my journey a little over a year ago i focused so much on the number on the scale and i know i didnt pay attention to the milestones and the small changes that were happening to my body(now i know all those small changes brought me to where i am today).

I have recently made the decision to not even step on the scale for a while and just continue to live my healthy life style. I see so many changes happening and i am only 10 pounds or so away from my goal.

you are amazing and especially after reading your post i see that our happiness should never be dictated by a silly number that pops up on the scale.
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    congrats!!
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    YOu are my new hero! You look amazing. :love: You started at over 400 lbs? And now you are like 1/2 of that. You are more of a woman now than you were back then. Congrats!
    :smile:
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing..........! Those are very inspriational pics, thank you for sharing. Good luck with the rest of your journey...you are beautiful and congrats on an amazing job well done!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    you are beautiful then and now... congrats on your success...
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome job!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful!! It takes time for us to lose the "fat brain." Keep taking pictures and look at them often. This is the new you and you look GREAT!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kbuelo
    kbuelo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring! Congratuations on taking control of your health. You look so great! And I love the shoes in the last pic. :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great work! You have had a great journey and I'm sure will continue with your success! Keep up the amazing work!
  • shafferbrandy10
    Options
    Great Job !!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    congrats
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Holy buckets, I want arms like THAT! You look so good, and so happy.
  • bj6886
    bj6886 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I really admire your attitude and outlook,. They help to make you a beautiful person outwardly , but more importantly inside!!!
  • venlife
    venlife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Take control. The more muscle you build the more you will burn when you are sitting at a desk doing nothing. Don't give up.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    WTG you look fantastic! That took a lot of hard work and dedication and it shows that you put all that work in!! Good for you!!
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!! I also want to say take pictures on this journey!!! The bicep pic, I was alone on the beach one morning doing a "head cleansing walk and no one was around so I played with the camera.. I had NO IDEA my arms even looked like that LOL!!

(fat brain was busy going.. eww your triceps look awful and look at your stomach.. smh..) Be careful of the evil fat brain, it exists, I would put on pants that would right back to the floor if i let go, I went to church one day and an old lady pulled me aside and said, honey, don't you think it's time you got some clothes that fit? I looked down at my "favorite shirt" that now looked more like a favorite dress.

Long way to go, but with much faith and prayer. I know I will get to exactly where I NEED to be!!

Plateaus, gains, obessions, etc: no matter what, Everyday we wake, is a new chance to begin again.

We are all success stories, wether we realize it or not. Thanks again guys!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!