Work from home jobs?

Options
stef827
stef827 Posts: 215 Member
Does anyone know of any legitimate work from home jobs? I have searched the Internet like crazy and would love to find something I could do from home. I am a stay at home mom and my husbands work is really slow and we really need some extra income. Ideas???
Thanks so much :)

Replies

• JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Check out ARISE.COM they do work from home customer services type jobs for various companies. I've never done it but know of a few people who were doing in. Good luck.:smile:
  • stef827
    Options
    Thanks for the info :)

Anyone else have more ideas?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My sister sells AVON and she actually makes a good amount of money from it.

Anything else that I know of would require getting a degree, so it's not so much worth it.
  • Melalina
    Melalina Posts: 26
    Options
    AlpineAccess.com offers a variety of work-from-home positions. Sales, billing, customer care, etc. They are a legit company; Clark Howard and Dave Ramsey (financial guys) have both endorsed them at one time or another. Alpine has just released a new advertisement looking for help. They pay $9 an hour on the average, depending on experience and department. You might try them.
  • stef827
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    webcam crowd pleaser
  • lavlei
    lavlei Posts: 26
    Options
    bump
  • i2achael
    i2achael Posts: 14
    Options
    bump
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    webcam crowd pleaser
    Turns on favorite webcam site...

MOM?
  • sydmarkle
    sydmarkle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been working from home since about 2004. I work for a company that encourages remote employee work. This doesn't directly answer your question, but many companies allow their employees to work from home for some technical jobs. If you were to get into that field you might find a good job, with benefits that allows you to work from home. Maybe not an immediate solution to your problem but a long term consideration.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I, too, and a SAHM. I sell Tastefully Simple. Schedule parties when my hubby is home so we always have someone watching the little man. The business is what you make it. You work it how you need it.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but work at home jobs are few and far between, unless you start out in an office and segway your way into working at home from there. Many men and women have been able to do that by negotiating with their employer.

If work at home jobs were easy to find, we'd all be doing them. :smile:

Have you considered childcare?

Or starting your own small business?

These are your best options. JetBlue also has home based customer service agents, but again, so very few openings with a legitimate large scale employer.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    In searching job boards, the "remote" keyword is also helpful. Keep in mind that many remote positions require travel (which may be a lifestyle choice you would need to make).
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have worked from home for over 5 years now as a technical writer. Writing and IT jobs are flexible because most of the work is done online. I work with a lot of SharePoint administrators who work from home as well. Agree to search "remote" when on job sites. That seems to be the term of choice by companies advertising off-site positions. Best of luck on your search! :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    LiveOps.com
  • stef827
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but work at home jobs are few and far between, unless you start out in an office and segway your way into working at home from there. Many men and women have been able to do that by negotiating with their employer.

These are your best options. JetBlue also has home based customer service agents, but again, so very few openings with a legitimate large scale employer.

Childcare is not an option. No means to pay for daycare, do not qualify for assistance, and no family in town to help babysit
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    You didn't say anything about your education. With a MA/MS/PHd, you can teach online - hundreds of schools are looking for online help. That said, some schools, HS/CC are looking for online teachers for basic subjects. I teach 1-3 classes per term for a Christian University. I got started by simply asking.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

Childcare is not an option. No means to pay for daycare, do not qualify for assistance, and no family in town to help babysit

OP, I think the poster meant for you to take children into your home and get paid for it.
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump