losing weight in the 50's age bracket

Options
2»

Replies

• stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, it works. Your welcome to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't get too caught up on what the scale says. It is one of many indicators of success. It sounds like you ar elosing inches and toning - so if your clothes fit better and you can see a difference, (I say) don't worry about the scale. Stick with it and it'll show there too! Friend request me if you'd like - I just turned 50 in January and am healthier and stronger than ever! :flowerforyou:
  • eileen1934
    eileen1934 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am over 70 and trying very hard to lose weight because of diabetes 2. My weight seems to yo-yo all the time. But I keep of trying. Any help would be appreciated
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    @ Eileen - see my post above. My Dad had the same issue - he did NOT diet and lost 70 pounds in a year. If you need help with what types of food to eat, search the web for "diabetic diet."
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm brand new here and 57 years old. I just wanted to say that if your weight isn't changing, but your clothes are fitting better, remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you're probably doing better than you think. If you want to up your metabolism, you can't beat running. I hated it at first, but its addictive. Build up slowly - walk 100 paces, run 100 paces, then gradually increase the running paces, while keeping the walking paces the same. If there's a Running Room in your area, they often have clinics to teach you how to run.