Meal Replacement for Breakfast?

Options
Hey all you MFPers!

I'm a very busy mom of two boys (7yrs old and 4 months old). My mornings are really tight because I have get the house clean, get myself ready for work and get both my boys ready for their day and we have to be out of the house by 7am. A sit-down breakfast usually isn't an option for me unfortunately. I want to find some type of meal replacement for my breakfasts that will give me the nutrition and calories I need without a ton of sugar and other crap. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

--Deborah--

Replies

• jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I make 7 grain hot cereal with some natural PB the nigth before and heat it up in the am, eggo low fat waffles are good with PB on them. I am usually up and out of the house in less than 20 minutes so I try to make it the night before and take it on the go.
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    I use the Arbonne Essentials Protein Shakes with added PB2, fiber, probiotic powder, flax oil and a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese -- I just put all the powders into my shaker cup the night before and weigh out my serving of cottage cheese and throw it into my lunch bag and eat/drink at my desk in the few minutes before things pick up at the office.
  • kimmycj13
    kimmycj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    I do the eggo low fat nutrigrain waffles with peanut butter, make a sandwich out of it, grab a milk or water, and walk out the door. I'm going to have to try the hot cereal the night before that sounds awesome.
  • srhrffls
    srhrffls Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you tried Complan or Build Up? I change between the two and usually have the chocolate flavour for breakfast.. They've both got vitimans and nutrients in them and are fairly low in calories. :-)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have been having a shake for breakfast. What I put in mine:
    one banana
    5-6 strawberries
    yogurt
    cup milk
    two handfuls baby spinach
    juice or water to blend

And you can add flaxseed for added nutrients

I have found several variations of this that I like. Mine have been anywhere from 300-500 calories per shake and keep me full until lunch time.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I do a shake for breakfast almost every day. Fast, easy, portable, tasty.

Currently, my shakes look like this:

8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    about 3/4 of a frozen banana
    About 1/2 C of frozen mixed fruit
    1 scoop unflavored whey protein powder
    1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    Blend, add ice to make 24 oz volume, enjoy.

345 kcal, 31g protein, 6 g fat, 50g carbs, 7g fiber.

And, it keeps me from getting hungry until lunchtime.
  • MrsNelson0904
    MrsNelson0904 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!