First Organized Race

Options
Hi All - I just signed up for my first organized race. This is a HUGE step for me as I have always hated running and often didn't understand why people enjoyed running haha. I signed up for "Pat's Run" its a run through the streets of Tempe, AZ benefiting the Pat Tillman Foundation. The race is 4.2 miles and is about 6 weeks away. Does anyone have any training tips/plans that they could share that would help me get ready? Any suggestions/ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The first race is always very exciting. There are many free training plans on-line.... I started off with Hal Higdon. the important part is to follow the plan, whichever plan you chose. The plan will help you build the miles safely.

4.2 is an odd distance so you probably will not find a specific plan for that... I would Google to find a 6 week 10K plan to get you there. You will be more than ready for your race.

Have fun!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    There is a thread bout how to prep for your first race. Do a search and you should be able to find it. If not let me know.