Missed P90X Workouts?

Options
I started P90X in January. Then either due to scheduling conflicts that pop up at the last minute or colds/flu, I have missed some workouts. One entire week recently. So therefore my program has become very random, do I start it over or just continue with the calendar the way it is and know I will not have the normal 90 day progression but just do it to the best of my ability? The problem is I do not see my schedule calming down anytime soon so if I restart I may have to keep restarting, understand? I know what I mean just not sure if I am getting the point out. Thoughts or experiences??

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest just picking up where you left off, if it takes you 102 days that is fine.
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    I would suggest just picking up where you left off, if it takes you 102 days that is fine.

Completely agree..
  • roseflute7679
    Options
    Just keep going, remember what Tony says "do your best and forget the rest" LOL had to through that is. continue the calender, you should still see drastic improvement from when you started. It may be hard to keep going if you continue to skip workouts for one reason or another. I had to stop for little over a week due to being sick but picked back up where i left off and did great. Hope this helped. good luck, its totally worth it
  • Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How about the wise words from Tony, "Do your best and forget the rest".

Seriously, if you are going through some stressful times you have to do what you can do... I would not give up on the whole process. Something is better than nothing.

That being said... it would be hard to progress through the 12 weeks without the proper foundation. Maybe just stick with a rotation of the workouts you HAVE done and get good at them. Then, when you are ready to commit to the 90 day program and can start from day one and feel good about the strength you have built.

Good luck
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem recently. I started end of Jan, got incredibly sick, was down for about three weeks. I just started back up where I left off. So although I started about five weeks ago, I'm only in week three of the program. For me, when I got sick I lost ten pounds in eight days, since "getting better" I've only gained three of those back, so I see no reason why my "off" weeks would negatively affect my results too much :) just jump back in where you left off. If it takes you a bit longer to complete the program, no big deal. I just wouldn't drag it out over six months or something....probably wouldn't get good results if it takes too long.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, I just had the same question and got my answer here! Thanks everyone. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I have a busy schedule, so I can't really do p90x everysingleday. I just make sure to alternate muscle groups, and cardio days the best I can.