Calories during the day

Options
So I am starting over and taking my eatting seriously and logging everything. I am wondering how many calories you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack?

I just want to see how everyone balances out their calories. Help is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks, The meals average out to 250 each and the snacks about 200
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I think I usually eat like 300 calories for b-fast, have about 100-200 cal snacks and lunch and dinner is usually about 300-400 cals.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I like to make sure I have at lest 600 calories left for dinner, so I usually split it up in more like little snacks all day, fruit smoothie for breakfast(109 calories) instant oatmeal or peakfreen cookies for snack(150 calories), bagle or cereal for lunch(300 calories), piece of fruit for an afternoon snack.

I just know that if I can't eat whatever I'm making my bf for diner, it going to feel like to much of a diet and I won't stick to it forever!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    take a lookie at my food diary...
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    My food diary is open if you'd like to take a look also.
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    i EAT 1,410 CALORiES PER DAY.
    FOR BREAKFAST : AROUNG 230-300
    FOR LUNCH: aROUND 300-350
    FOR DiNNER: AROUND 300-400 DEPENDING
    AND I HAVE 2 SNACKS A DAY ABOUT 90 CALORIES EACH.

PLUSI TAKE A SPRING VALLEY B6 VIATAMIN DAILY
  • Younger_at_50
    Younger_at_50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have 3 meals per day, breakfast is 350-450, lunch is 500-600, and dinner is about 500 or less. Snacks are 100-200 if I need them, which I usually do on days I workout (or I save them for a glass of wine at the end of the day). I am a former no-breakfast/little breakfast eater and it's made a huge difference for me to consume more calories during the early part of my day and go lighter for dinner.
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Even though people say total calories for the day is what matters, studies find that if people have their biggest calories for breakfast, then next size for lunch and smaller for dinner, you lose faster. You are burning your biggest meal throughout the day and have your smallest when you go to sleep. Most people have dinner as their biggest calories intake and skimp on breakfast. By kickstarting your metabolism with a big breakfast you will burn more.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    i eat almost 500 calories at breakfast, around 350 for lunch and about 400 for dinner. For snacks I usually have string cheese, or cow pals mild cheddar. I also like almonds (about a quarter cup) and if I have a great workout I like to recover with a tall soy hot chocolate
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I eat about four meals a day with a carrot thrown in a few times. I'm addicted to carrots. :love:

Breakfast is usually 3-400, Lunch around 250, Dinner about 400 and Supper around 300. Plus carrots. heh.

On workout days my Lunch is more around 400 cal and my dinner can go as high as 600. I usually end up buring around 400-650 cals during my exercise. Ahh the benefit of being big! lol
  • mythos23
    mythos23 Posts: 15
    Options
    I found that once I take all the Junk away and up the amount of exercise I do that I'm eating almost the whole day through.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    So I am starting over and taking my eatting seriously and logging everything. I am wondering how many calories you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack?

I just want to see how everyone balances out their calories. Help is greatly appreciated.

i try to eat a small breakfast of fruit or two scrambled eggs or half a pita with peanut butter

salad, soup or healthy sandwhich for lunch

big dinner
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and Lunch today were both about 480 Cal. I have about 600 left.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Breakfast like a KING
    Lunch like a QUEEN
    Dinner like a PAUPER...

Anyone else go by this?

My main meal tends to be lunch? :bigsmile:
  • gavzmom
    gavzmom Posts: 1
    Options
    hello names michelle

i eat 1,600 a day
    i am trying the eat small snacks every 2/3 hours a day to keep my metabolism in over drive all day and i drink about 100 ounces of water a dayi typical burn 320 cal a day except the 2 days i do cardio/stair stepper/ upper body weights than thats about 420 cal... i also take metformin which helps my sugar levels from spiking due to my pcos which makes me make excessive amounts of sugar when i eat sugar as a defense., so knowing i need 1,600 by the end of night and knowing how much i burn i guess u can say i eat my calories i lose when exersizing... so that i balance out my cal intake that way... because if you want to lose weight you have to have 500 cal under you bmi estimate does this sound right .... 8 weeks ago i weighed 18lbs more than i do now so something is working right.. oh and i am keeping an eye on my sodium intake which should be no more than 2,400 mg a day.

any responces?:happy: