for anyone who uses a weighted hula hoop

Options
snelfk
snelfk Posts: 151 Member
I am so excited, mine just came in the post yesterday!! I went with a 4 lb one (even though I've never used a weighted hoop before), and assume that it will take me a few days to buld up to any decent length of use. Anyway, those of you who use one, how do you log your exercise time?

Replies

• snelfk
    Options
    I am so excited, mine just came in the post yesterday!! I went with a 4 lb one (even though I've never used a weighted hoop before), and assume that it will take me a few days to buld up to any decent length of use. Anyway, those of you who use one, how do you log your exercise time?
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've never used one but have heard that they are great! Let me know, after you've used it for a bit, if you like it and whether you're noticing a difference! Fun!
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have been using one on and off for a few years now. At first it might hurt and may leave bruises the first few times you use it, so maybe only use it once or twice the first week or two and work up to more useage. I like mine, but I don't use it often enough... Even though I use it very sporatically now, I don't get any more brusing or pain. It sounds brutal, huh?! :noway: But once you get used to it, it is a fun way to work your hips and abs! I'm going to do abs now and will add that to my routine today!
  • snelfk
    Options
    You're right srb2000, a little brutal the first time out today, but I was able to do 10 minutes. It only hurt for the first 2 or 3, we'll see if the is any bruising. Only plan to use it 2 or 3 times a week. It was a lot of fun though! What do you log the time as?
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I usually log my ab workouts in the strength section, unless is more strenous and sweat inducing, then I log it as cardio strength training and that burns about 20-40 calories per 10 min.