I ate 1/2 box of Thin Mint cookies!

Options
Augh! I have been so good! No sweets for 6 months and then...those dreaded Girl Scouts outside a home inprovement store! I succumed. Went to the gym for 2 hours for my punishment. But I consumed 675 calories! Next time - I will just do a donation to them.

Replies

• purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. There are always setbacks on any journey, and you're not going to ruin 6 months of hard work from eating your thin mints. Don't "punish" yourself by going to the gym, either. I don't think you should punish yourself at all!

But don't throw the rest of the cookies away. Take them and put them in your freezer. Eat a couple a week as a treat. You deserve it.
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, thin mints are my favorite Gril Scout cookie. At least you went to the gym to repent. lol I, so far, have resisted them twice. Maybe try eating a couple then put the box in the freezer!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i ate the whole box over a period of a few weeks. had them in my desk at the office. i am over it.
  • franwriter40
    Options
    Hugs. I know where you're coming from. Yesterday I had to stay home with my sick son. I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't bother tracking calories. I ended up having an all day binge! Double uggh!!!
    Why is it so easy to pack on the pounds & so darned hard to take it off????
  • vhjacobson
    vhjacobson Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! Thanks Ladies! I appreciate your words of encouragement! I love this website. Such awesome people! I took the other half of the box to the office so I stopped the madness! hahahahahaha!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    It's okay just work it off no need to feel guilty or bring yourself down. Though this reminds me I have a box of tagalongs in my trunk I've been saving lol!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Call it a 'spike' day and just get back on track tomorrow. ;-)
  • Sparkz1920
    Sparkz1920 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that the gym is punishment. I think it's good that she went. But I do agree to freeze them and eat a few as a treat every now and again
  • cschwall
    cschwall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have done better with forgiving myself! You could put the cookies in idividual portions in freezer bags before you freeze them and grab them as a snack. I have a hard time if I get the "whole bag" or "whole box" of something. When I divide my bags and boxes into portion sizes I have way more self control!
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    6 months of no sweets?!?! you are amazing. the most i get is about 3 days between my 1 (or 2) squares of ghiradelli midnight reverie (really dark) chocolate. i think you totally deserved it, but if you are an all or nothing kind of guy, do your required self-flagellation and get back (errr, stay) on track.
  • purplegoboom
    Options
    I have done better with forgiving myself! You could put the cookies in idividual portions in freezer bags before you freeze them and grab them as a snack. I have a hard time if I get the "whole bag" or "whole box" of something. When I divide my bags and boxes into portion sizes I have way more self control!

This is a great idea. I did this for awhile and it worked great. I need to start doing it again.
  • purplegoboom
    Options
    I wouldn't say that the gym is punishment. I think it's good that she went. But I do agree to freeze them and eat a few as a treat every now and again

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it's great she went too, but I don't think she should view it as punishment!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I just avoid the table completely. when they ask me I politely say no thank you. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • mreko2005
    mreko2005 Posts: 56
    Options

Great advice! Sweets, especially ANYTHING chocolate, are my downfall and I noticed the more I deprived myself, the more I craved them. Portioning them out, allows me to feed my urges without blowing my new, healthier eating habits and staying within my calorie setting. :happy:
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Since you only ate half, can I please have the other half?! :laugh:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Wait... 1/2 box is 675 calories?? I burn about that per hour walking on the treadmill... so if I walk through my next rental movie I can eat a whole box of thin mints? YOU are so awesome for pointing this out!

Lol, seriously, Thin Mints are my downfall. Haven't had one in a lonnnnnng time, though they call my name from my friend's freezer every time I'm at her house. And the reason I haven't had one is becasue I won't eat just one. Or two. I will eat the whole roll. And probably the whole box.

Love the idea of portionaing them out and freezing them.
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Why oh why do those girl scout peddle those irresitible Thin Mints 2 months after Jan. 1 when everyone (including me) starts their new diet/ exercise regime? I had a girl scout binge last night also (only 6 or 7 though). Thank God I got to the end of the sleeve, somehow that stopped me, I didn't want to open up the second sleeve. I was good the rest of the day. Now I have to tell myself that I got that out of my system, no more until the weekend! Then it is 3 at a time!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Great advice! Sweets, especially ANYTHING chocolate, are my downfall and I noticed the more I deprived myself, the more I craved them. Portioning them out, allows me to feed my urges without blowing my new, healthier eating habits and staying within my calorie setting. :happy:

GREAT ideas!! My hubby & I do this with our breakfast. We premake our breakfast and put them in baggies so we aren't AS tempted to make extra. ;)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    FYI: Frozen Thin Mints are DELICIOUS. No way would freezing them deter me!
  • vhjacobson
    vhjacobson Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Freezing them makes them all the better! TG They only sell them once a year! We do need to create a work-a-round to eat well but not totally deprive as it backfires at weak times. I do not want to get back into that pattern.

PS - I do love going to the gym..who would have thought!