Cod fish surprise!

Options
food-1.jpg

I have to share this: last night I decided to make use of the veggies in my fridge before they went bad and the concoction I made was delicious!

preheat the oven to 425, then take 4 frozen cod fish fillets, thaw them out, and place into a lightly coated (with olive oil) bakeware dish.
Chop up radishes, green peppers, baby bella mushrooms, and grab a handful of shredded carrots - throw this all on top of the fish.

Then the sauce: diced a whole large tomato, 1 tbsp light olive oil, a whole, fresh-squeezed lemon, chop up some cilantro, throw in some sofrito (I'm lucky, my grandmother sent me some homemade sofrito from Puerto Rico)....
Stir it up then throw it on top the fish and veggies.

Let it bake for approx 30 mins and voila!

Serve with a side of brown rice, quinoa, or whatever you like. :)

Replies

• TorridSkies4
    Options
    apparently nobody likes cod fish.
  • newfieborn
    Options
    LOL. I love cod fish but it has to be fresh.
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    That fish you're holding is HUGE!
  • newfieborn
    Options
    That fish you're holding is HUGE!

Yes, it is. That is a Short Fin Mako Shark. I caught it last year while on holiday in Newfoundland. It was a great catch.
  • carrollel
    carrollel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome, some of the best dishes i made is things thrown together at the last minute from items i already had. ill have to try this.
  • tmbaker03
    tmbaker03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It sounds pretty good, but I can't lie, the picture doesn't look as appealing ;) Great job using up what you had, and making it healthy!
  • ajcrider
    ajcrider Posts: 11
    Options
    bump :):happy: