1 year of Paleo.........still a work inprogress

Options
PaleoPath4Lyfe
PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
I am on my adventure of getting my old body back and making health issues go away for good.

I am making progress and wanted to show what one year of Paleo has done for me.

2332056750040669092S425x425Q85.jpg

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Keep at it!!
  • AlaskaLily
    Options
    Kick *kitten*! I can totally tell. You go girl!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Great progress! Keep at it!!

Thank You.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Kick *kitten*! I can totally tell. You go girl!

Thanks my friend.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!

Have you been 1 year strict paleo or mostly paleo? Either way fantastic job and what a great reward for your hardwork! Definitely inspiration for me! :D
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    That is awesome!

Have you been 1 year strict paleo or mostly paleo? Either way fantastic job and what a great reward for your hardwork! Definitely inspiration for me! :D

2 years kinda paleo and 1 year getting more serious and strict with the lifestyle as a whole.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    What a FANTASTIC job!!! Big difference :D
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! You look great!
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    <3 Paleo! Good job!!! You are an inspiration to all of us!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    good for you
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Your doing Fantastic!!!! Keep it up!!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Coming up on 1 year Paleo. Will do the same kind of post soon because if you can, I can. Congratulations on your community leadership, advocacy for the health of those who have been failed by CW and SAD and persistence with promoting your own optimal health. The path we've chosen is neither the fastest nor the flashiest. I do believe it is the most sustainable over time.

Looking forward to watching you change the world as you grow into the authentic woman you've always been, just under the layers of all the lies we once ate and lived. Liberty is not without cost. Freedom hasn't come cheaply for either of us. Still, I'll take my worst day living an Ancestral Health lifestyle over my best day living as a sugar burner rather than as a fat burner. My daughter is growing up free of all of the pain we've lived. You are one of her sheroes.

Allow me to illustrate the point:

We were on the ferry home from Canada last night when my daughter, age 6, basked in the wisdom I've learned around these parts from you. She is a natural athlete because of this way of life and hadn't had very much exercise due to it being a travel day. She had eaten baked salmon, grilled prawns and a pile of broccoli, cauliflower and carrot slices. She loves strawberries and took a serving of them from the desert bar, unfortunately, finding them glazed with unnecessary sugar.

"Mom, I think I've had enough sugar for today. I haven't moved enough to eat this. May I please have some more prawns?"

What kind of kid says she's had too much sugar after 2 bites of desert and asks for more protein and fat? To accommodate our health needs, the BC Ferry server clued us in to what was gluten and grain free, having the seafood brought to us without the gluten containing sauce. He brought plain butter for her as well. She asked so nicely for her prawns and was a pleasure to be with the entire evening.

You are mothering the next generation into freedom, strength and health. My daughter and I are grateful that with your support and the support of other Paleo folk on this site and others, we have moved from a lifestyle of fearing food and 2 am trips to Children's Hospital to rested nights and enough energy and joy to enjoy our lives.

Hugs!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    You have made fantastic progress, inside and out. Proud of you for posting.
  • joeandkara01
    Options
    Great job! and you are doing it the healthy way!! Keep it up!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    looking good! Keep killing it, killer!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    awesome.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Coming up on 1 year Paleo. Will do the same kind of post soon because if you can, I can. Congratulations on your community leadership, advocacy for the health of those who have been failed by CW and SAD and persistence with promoting your own optimal health. The path we've chosen is neither the fastest nor the flashiest. I do believe it is the most sustainable over time.

Looking forward to watching you change the world as you grow into the authentic woman you've always been, just under the layers of all the lies we once ate and lived. Liberty is not without cost. Freedom hasn't come cheaply for either of us. Still, I'll take my worst day living an Ancestral Health lifestyle over my best day living as a sugar burner rather than as a fat burner. My daughter is growing up free of all of the pain we've lived. You are one of her sheroes.

Allow me to illustrate the point:

We were on the ferry home from Canada last night when my daughter, age 6, basked in the wisdom I've learned around these parts from you. She is a natural athlete because of this way of life and hadn't had very much exercise due to it being a travel day. She had eaten baked salmon, grilled prawns and a pile of broccoli, cauliflower and carrot slices. She loves strawberries and took a serving of them from the desert bar, unfortunately, finding them glazed with unnecessary sugar.

"Mom, I think I've had enough sugar for today. I haven't moved enough to eat this. May I please have some more prawns?"

What kind of kid says she's had too much sugar after 2 bites of desert and asks for more protein and fat? To accommodate our health needs, the BC Ferry server clued us in to what was gluten and grain free, having the seafood brought to us without the gluten containing sauce. He brought plain butter for her as well. She asked so nicely for her prawns and was a pleasure to be with the entire evening.

You are mothering the next generation into freedom, strength and health. My daughter and I are grateful that with your support and the support of other Paleo folk on this site and others, we have moved from a lifestyle of fearing food and 2 am trips to Children's Hospital to rested nights and enough energy and joy to enjoy our lives.

Hugs!

ResilientWoman - Thanks for the kind words and encourgement to keep plugging along. You are also a crusader in this lifestyle as the huge amount of progress that you have made also.

I am sure your daughter looks up to you in awe every day.

I am blessed to have such compassionate people in my life both near and far.

Hugs back to you also.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!