need recipe for easy breakfast....

Options
I don't usually do breakfast very well, but I'm trying.
I had lap band surgery in Oct and have a hard time eating breakfast when I get up. I usually have to wait at least an hour or two. I was thinking about making a casserole or something similar that I could take to work with me and heat up.
Does anyone have any recipes? casserole or maybe breakfast muffins? Something that keeps well in the fridge, or freezes well.
Thanks for all your help!

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    How about porridge?
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    this is super easy and came straight from my nutritionist so is somewhat low fat and is healthy...

1 wholewheat english muffin
    1 slice of turkey bacon
    1 light babybel
    1/2 cup of fruit on the side (I usually pick blueberries, blackberries etc.)
  • Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    how about the south beach egg muffins? Or some variation of that?

If you do a search on South beach egg muffins ,you'll find mulitple recipes.
    Here's a basic one

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetable-Quiche-Cups-to-Go/detail.aspx
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies and take them to work.

1 small yogurt container (I use vanilla)
    3/4 - 1c milk
    1c frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, whatever works for you)
    *sometimes I add a little banana just to change up the flavor

I blend it in my Magic Bullet (I love that thing!). Takes me 1.5 minutes to make breakfast on the go. LOVE IT!!

I also try to get some protein in too, so I usually have hard boiled eggs in my fridge and take 2 with me.

Hope that helps!
  • sbartlett0421
    Options
    those quiche cups sound great, thanks! Also, thanks for the website.

I'll also get some english muffins. I used to eat those all the time. Why is it I can never think of these ideas on my own? I read it here and it's like , Duh!?!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 nutrigrain waffles, just pop in the toaster or microwave. i put peanut butter on them sometimes, jelly sometimes, and sometimes just eat them plain with a yogurt smoothie (for some reason, that tastes really great together!).
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Fage Greek yogurt. It's got 15 g of protien for a 6 oz. package and only 90 calories. Add some honey, fresh fruit preserves or just the fruit, and it's tastey and filling.
  • smg1010
    smg1010 Posts: 21
    Options
    I make these muffins all the time! - 176 calories per muffin, great for on the go with some yogurt/fruit

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    1 egg
    3/4 cup fat free half-and-half
    3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
    1/3 cup Splenda or sugar
    1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
    3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
    1/2 cup walnut pieces
    1 cup whole-wheat flour
    1 cup quick-cooking oats
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
    In a bowl, beat together egg, half-and-half, oil, and Splenda (or sugar). In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Fold egg mixture into dry mixture, just to moisten.
    Fill non-stick muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.