Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,002 Member
    Options
    Used to hate sweating -- now I LOVE it!
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I love to get my sweat on!! It definitely takes longer for me to start sweating now then it did 30 pounds ago...
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm a hardcore sweater and the one in the gym with my own hand towel so I can wipe muh face off from time to time. NO shame! I feel like I'm really working hard when I sweat good, though it does become bothersome when my glasses keep catching sweat or sliding off my face, I've been known to just take them off and go blind for my workout lol.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Okay so this might be weird, but I LOVE sweating(when working out). It just gives me a feeling that yes I am working my *kitten* off and am going to see results! I know a lot of women don't like it...but I do, it makes me feel like I am accomplishing my workouts! What are your thought? like it? love it? hate it? why?

So do I. But where I live is so cold....impossible sweat. Sad

Not trying to criticize since obviously everybody is different but I live in Michigan and day before yesterday it was snowing. I decided to job in the middle of it snowing and I was sweating like a pig. Cold just makes it easy for me to push myself!
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I pour sweat, unless it's yoga or something. It makes me feel great, although it's annoying when my headphones keep slipping out of my ears.

^^This 100%
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Love it too but I tend to get a really sore face : ( Anyone got any suggestions to help stop it?
    I use a sweat band on my wrist to wipe my face during classes etc but it just gets so sore : ( x

Try patting your face rather than rubbing it. Also it could be the detergent you wash your sweat bands in. My face gets sore as well if I wipe at it with the towel, so I just blot.

I love it when I sweat, but only when working out!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

So do I. But where I live is so cold....impossible sweat. Sad

I have run in temps cold enough to freeze my water bottle solid in less than 10 miles and still soaked my gear with sweat and lost 5 lbs of water weight. maybe I dress too warm :tongue:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I develop a huge crush on my sweat after every workout. I sit on the gym floor and begin writing odes to it in my head.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Love it too but I tend to get a really sore face : ( Anyone got any suggestions to help stop it?
    I use a sweat band on my wrist to wipe my face during classes etc but it just gets so sore : ( x
    Wow! I thought I was the only one with this problem! lol I found that if I carried a soft, cotton washcloth or a super thin, small towel (flour sack towels, found in the dishtowel section of stores) and blot my face instead of wiping it, mine wouldn't get sore. Good luck to you!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I used to hate the icky, uncomfortable feeling of sweating, my clothes sticking to me, etc. until I read this on a forum here, but it's worth repeating! When you sweat your fat cells are crying! Make them sob!!!
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes! Sweat makes me feel like I'm showering from the inside (....that sounds a little weird...)
  • behappydance
    Options
    I don't mind it! :happy:
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think I've got a love/hate relationship with my body's ability to break a sweat.

I love the fact that I feel like I've had a super workout (yeah, I know sweating doesn't necessarily mean that you've worked out more than someone who isn't drenched) but it's sometimes annoying that I've GOT to have a shower straight after my session. Like, I see girls who seem to work out pretty hard/long, but in the change room, they just spray a bit of dry shampoo and/or deo on, and they're done. If I don't shower, I feel icky and gross. Not so much smelly, more sticky. It probably doesn't help that my hair is on the longer side..
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!!
    It's how I measure my workout!!!
    I even take pics sometimes...my man laughs at me for it :laugh:
  • JulieG1443
    Options
    yeah me too!! I like to think its all the fat dripping off!! :happy:

I agree!

Jamiesadlar.. Your wittle kitty is so COOT! :)

Oh and it takes me a LOT of time working out before I start to sweat - I workout tremendously hard but I feel at a loss as I've never sweat to the point of having it literally dripping off of me! I want that sweat super bad!
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    I don't work out for the love of it - I farking hate it - so if I didn't sweat while working out I'd consider it a waste of valuable time! Sweating itself I find a bit grotty, I feel smelly and grubby, but at least then I know I'm making progress and NOT wasting my time.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    When I used to go to the gym a while back I would sweat my **** off. I only went once a week, but during the week I would go jogging outside my street and do my usual route the normal way or do it in reverse to change it up a bit. I would never sweat during my jogs outside, it was always cold lol, maybe get a bit of a cold sweat here or there.

I was just reading up about why we sweat during exercise and I found this site:

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/Library/Exercise/why-do-we-sweat-during-exercise_1.html

It's saying that sweat has nothing to do with how hard you are exercising, but it's just how hot your body is. It's like when you sweat when the weather is hot, you could be sitting down, but you will be drenched. It's because your body is trying to cool itself down.

I don't sweat very often during my bike rides, because I try not to wear thick clothes. I only wear tracksuit bottoms, a t-shirt and a fleece, but the fleece isn't tight, it a bit bigger than what I expected it to be and the wind goes right through.

When I used to go jogging on the late afternoons, when it was a lot colder than before, I would get warmer clothes on and I would only sweat a little bit, but because it was cold that cold air was keeping me cool so my body didn't need to sweat as much, but as it got warmer and lighter, I was still wearing those same clothes to keep me warm and I noticed I was sweating a lot more because my body was most likely trying to keep me a lot cooler than it was before due to the weather changing.

I'm not trying to make people feel like they aren't working hard during there workouts, because I'm pretty sure you all are, but sweat doesn't have much to do with how hard you are working out, just how hot your body is.

Just make sure that it's not too hot when you are working out, be it at home or at the gym because it can get dangerous, especially if you aren't balancing it out with drinking plenty of water.