Anyone doing the Slim in 6 Program?

Options
Hey everyone im looking for fellow members who are using the Slim in 6 program.

Im going to be starting it on monday march 5th and id love some tips.

Replies

• hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    what is this program?
  • emmabebi
    emmabebi Posts: 8
    Options
    I tried Slim in 6 program in 2005. I lost an honest to goodness 35 lbs in 90 days. It's not because it did not work but because I did not follow it to the dot. I only did the start it up. My body did not have the stamina for more. I still cheated food wise. But I added strenght training in a gym as well. Pairing with a subway diet though was the best thing I did. M- F Slim in 6 and a 6" sandwich from subway.

Hope it works for you. Please remember my fitness level maybe different than yours. I was very lazy and always sedentary.
  • tony_thetiger24
    Options
    I will start it with you :-)
  • emmabebi
    Options
    I'm only restarting the stretching part. It feels so good. Then i head to my stationary bike and to my strenght training.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I will start it with you :-)

Perfect :)

Have you used the program before?
    I have for a couple of weeks and then i stopped.
  • tony_thetiger24
    Options
    I did years ago. Lost 84 pounds (doing several rounds-took me about a year) but have since gained it all back and plus some more. :-(
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    35lbs in 90 days is just what i need.. are there many other purchases that i need to make that go along with slim in 6.. P90x takes waaay too much stuff and money.. i invested in that program a year or more back but have only gained a lot of muscle and endurance.. as a lady i have a goal to be more slim and toned and its not doing it for me.
  • BalenciaLynn
    Options
    35lbs in 90 days is just what i need.. are there many other purchases that i need to make that go along with slim in 6.. P90x takes waaay too much stuff and money.. i invested in that program a year or more back but have only gained a lot of muscle and endurance.. as a lady i have a goal to be more slim and toned and its not doing it for me.

Once you have the dvd set your pretty much good to go.
  • jennifer1497
    jennifer1497 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD as well! I planned on starting tonight! I did it a couple years back and really toned up! Good luck!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Once you have the dvd set your pretty much good to go.

you need a pull up bar, resistance bands n such though. Not really worth the investment imo. ive seen some great results (before n after pics) though.
  • emmabebi
    Options
    I think since I'm doing other exercises on the weekdays. I will do slim in 6 on weekends :).
  • woodmetal
    woodmetal Posts: 72
    Options
    Where does one get this program??
  • BalenciaLynn
    Options
    Where does one get this program??

beach body .com i paid about 60$
  • Erika_Ecka
    Erika_Ecka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just completed it finiaaaaaaaly about a week ago. I've done the program before like.. 10 years ago? Never finished it. I got into the first week of phase 3 and quit bc it got hard. I love the workout tho, you tone your body so good and you get a nice nasty sweat :) I did most of the program 6 days a week. Phase 3 i only did 1 week of 6 days, then the remaining 2 weeks I did 5. You get used to the workouts eventually. Phase 3 is a killer, but of course you adjust. Have fun!!
  • angelskye6
    angelskye6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the program right now! I've tried and quit several times, but am sticking with it this time. You don't need anything other than what comes with your package (resistance band and DVDs), so I love that!

Since I've been doing a Couch to 10K program, I only did the Start it Up video for about a week, and now I'm doing the Ramp it Up (phase 2) DVD. Did it yesterday for the first time (in months) and today I'm SORE! That means it's working...I like it cause I sweat like crazy and I get to do some toning...plus she KILLS me on all the squats and lunges. Good luck!!