Need some ideas.

Options
I need a few cheap/easy/healthy/kid friendly recipes, lol. Its a tall order but if you have any please share.
Would also love some crockpot recipes.

Replies

• Melalina
    Melalina Posts: 26
    Options
    I am super finicky like a kid, and I love this recipe (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/fried-pork-chops-with-buttered-beans-recipe/index.html) from Sandra Lee. I would recommend sauteing the onion and ham for the beans in a little oil (vegetable or olive oil are fine) rather than using so much butter.

This recipe is intended to stretch to a second meal, but for some reason they don't have a link to it so. . . :

Fried Pork Chops Round 2 Recipe - Pork Parmesan Sandwiches:

Slice heldover pork into thin strips and place on a hoagie roll (try whole wheat!). Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese. Broil until cheese is melted.

As a money-saving tip, I recommend buying your cheeses in block-form rather than preshredded. A block lasts much longer, you get more out of it, and it melts much easier.

Hope this helps!
  • carrollel
    carrollel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Do you/kids like shrimp scampi? my recipie is only 410 calories per serving and only 2 gms of fat!!

let me know if you want recipe. otherwise chicken in crockpot with salsa makes for great chicken tacos,. simple & easy.