Timex Ironman Race Trainer Question

Options
Okay, so I've been using my Timex Ironman Race Trainer HRM for 2 days now. It monitors my HR and gives me an average HR for the workout (and the workout time). It also includes "calories burned" which seem high. For example, it said I burned 698 calories doing Zumba for ~50 minutes today. It knows I am a female and my weight. It does not know my age.

Question is: does anyone have a good site that takes all the 'features' needed to accurately calculate calories burned?

I can take the average HR, etc off of the watch, but was curious as to the 'accuracy' of the calories burned!

Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• serenalynnclark
    Options
    Hey Girl Hey!

I've heard from P90X people that HRMs usually over-estimate calories burned.

Serena
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact watch/HRM...I love it. It might overestiamte but by just a little. My bootcamp class advertises a 700+ calories burn during the 45 minute session. I've burned between 700 and 850 calories consistently. It depends on your weight, heart rate, age. Although the age isn't built in, your target heart rate is. You determine your target heart rate by (210 - age) - the watch does the rest.

good luck.
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! :)