heart rate monitor

Options
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to get a heart rate monitor. What are some good recommendations?
- I have a very small wrist (~5.5 inches) so I probably can't wear something large or in the men's sizing
- good accuracy so that one can calculate calories burnt (or if the HRM allows you to plug in your weight and calculates it automatically - super!)
- ideally on the cheap side! :-? not more than 55$

any thoughts?? and would it be better to order online?
Thanks!

Replies

• bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    I bought this one on Amazon. I also have really small wrists so the Polar models were too big (I went to a local store to try them on in person :))...

So far, I like it! It's a bit out of your price range, but I figured I'd share!

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-Ironman-Trainer-Heart-Monitor/dp/B002EXJ4JY/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1
  • simonejs
    simonejs Posts: 3
    Options
    hey thanks for the reply. with this one do you have the option to input your weight for it to calculate you target HR zones?
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    Yes! The only thing it didn't ask for was my age...
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I was able to get a Timex Iron Man Ladies HRM at the Time Watch Outlet in Wrentham,MA (part of the Premium Factory Outlet chains) The store is actually a Timex outlet and I only paid $25 for it. Since it doesn't ask Male or Female, it calculates my calories burned a bit high. I'm anal about it, so I take the HR information and plug it into a website that calculates the calories using Female, Age, Weight and gives me the total calories burned. For the most part, it's close enough an I prefer the Timex shape to the Polar shape.