bodymedia Fit owners - how often do you use it?

Options
jacksonpt
jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
I'm thinking about getting one as I dial in my cals/workouts, but that's a lot of money for something I don't see myself using all that regularly.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Some people use it for 2 weeks and pretty much get what they need out of it. Maybe find one for cheap on ebay and sell it when you are done?

I have had mine for about 2 months now and still look at it every day. My activity varies greatly though
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Been using it everyday, but only got it a few days ago :smile:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I've been using it daily since November 2011.
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Was on the fence about getting one of these... but nutritionist and trainer suggested to get one to see if my caloric burn is actually greater than what MFP is estimating versus what I consume in a daily basis.

I totally agree the cost of it ($179-$199 plus subscription fee) the main reason I held off on it. However, I just snagged the Bodymedia Fit Link on for a decent $. Don't forget both Bodymedia and BodyBugg are made by same company but marketed by different companies. BodyBugg has theirs on sale now for $129 for limited time...
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    It's a 24 hour a day sort of thing. The only reason to take it off is during showers, at which time it syncs and charges. I just passed my one year mark of wearing mine. I love the data on calories burned, steps taken, activity levels and especially my sleep amounts. When I first got it, MFP wasn't doing the macro pie charts, so I loved that aspect on the BMF as well.

Though, it does suck to finally be paying for the website usage. I got mine through Costco.com, so I paid about $150 for the BMF, two armbands and a full year's subscription included. I plan on keeping it through running my half marathon in April and then probably letting it go cuz my monthly budget is fairly tight and even the $7 for the subscription impacts me.
  • divinesoul
    divinesoul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Been using it everyday, but only got it a few days ago :smile:

Ditto!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I guess I just want to rent one for a week. I've already got a good HRM, so I'm just trying to get a better handle on my "lifestyle" cals (i.e. TDEE - exercise).
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs quickly and then plateaued for 5 months - I got a BMF and realized that my daily burn is around 3,500 calories and the 1,600 I was eating previously is why I wasn't losing. Now I pay much more attention and have been eating 2,700-3,200 calories per day and I've lost a few pounds! So I wear mine every day and only take it off to shower and it's 100% worth it to me.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I use it every day. My workouts and daily acitivites change to much to just assume.