Embarrassing

Options
:blushing: I just started my diet about a week ago and I've been really good about not going over in my calorie intake and logging everything I eat. About 3 days ago I noticed something rather embarassing I am going to the bathroom alot more than I used to and not just to go pee. It's been almost like the runs and smells terrible Sorry to be so graffic but I'm hoping maybe someone has a clue for me. . My husband says he thinks it's my body detoxing itself but is that possible? Do I need to worry? :embarassed:

Replies

• azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've actually had the opposite problem. I think it is due to the change in foods you are eating. Maybe try eliminating a food for a while and see if it improves your situation. If not, then re-introduce that food and eliminate a different one. I would start with the foods you are eating more of since starting the diet. It can be challenging to figure out which food(s) are the culprit. But, keep trying.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh, another thought, you could try increasing (a little) foods that naturally have a constipating effect. The only one I know of is calcium (dairy).
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when I first started. I think it was all the water flushing my body. I think your husband has a point. It lasted about 10 days and then I was fine.
  • snoozen29
    snoozen29 Posts: 33
    Options
    Also remember that most healthier food contains more fibre.

I wonder if taking an over the counter drug might even stop that for you?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    It's probably your body cleaning itself up a bit to match your new healthier eating!
  • kshiz
    kshiz Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree that it is your change in eating habits....more fiber..more water.....and your body detoxing a bit.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I agree with the body detoxing...........
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Have you added a lot of fruit and vegetables? If it bothers you, you may want to cut back a bit and just add one new food at a time, to give your body time to adjust.

You may also have a totally unrelated summer bug.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tried to view your diary, but it's not public, so can't tell you anything specific about what you're eating. you may be allergic to something you are now eating, you may be eating too much dairy, you may be eating too much fiber (try eating 18 gr a day).

I do know your body will go thru strange things while it's detoxing... and that takes roughly 2 weeks.