microbrew beers and calories/carbs????

Options
lvng_lf
lvng_lf Posts: 43 Member
how do you count cals/carbs for these? we're all meeting for a full moon (well, technically it's not quite full) run this evening and having a beer afterwards at our favorite brewery downtown. this guy makes great brews and I haven't had one since journaling on MFP.

TIA!! :D

Replies

• freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

A 12 ounce beer around 4% ABV is about 150 calories, but if you are into microbrews and are drinking higher ABV brews it can add up quick!

A beer around 8% is about 240, and a beer around 10% is 300 calories. If you are drinking pints rather than 12 ounce bottles you will need to adjust your calorie intake accordingly!

Enjoy :)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I usually search for one that is the same style at the one I'm drinking and go from there.

I seem to like the high caloric beers.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
  • lvng_lf
    lvng_lf Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thanks so much guys!! :D I'm so excited to have that beer now!!
  • Lance_K
    Lance_K Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm IPA.......
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    ugh...yummy beers are so high!! makes me very sad. one bottle of the ipa that i LOVE is 230 calories!!!! i can have 2 1/2 miller lites for that...but who wants that??? :)

good luck!!! enjoy it! hope i didn't ruin it for you. :)
  • enginerd81
    Options
    Arcadia brewing is a local brew pub (with some regional distribution) - somebody has put a few of their beers in mfp.

If I'm drinking some bodies home brew or micro I'll search for Arcadia and pick the one that is most like what I'm drinking.

Not exact but better than nothing.