Light Mayonaise

Options
What do you think about Light Mayonaise?
Good Alternative or better no Mayonaise at all?
Is it good to use it?

Replies

• doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid mayonaise and use Tzatziki or yogurt instead. With sandwiches I use hummus as a spread rather than mayo when I can. When I must I use light mayo.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use one serving of lite mayo on my sandwiches. I love mayo and without it I wouldn't eat sandwiches. It's only 40 calories
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I like using light mayo when making cole slaw, egg salad and tuna fish. On sandwiches I have gotten away from mayo and use laughing cow cheese most are only 35 calories and you get the best of both as the cheese and condiment without the extra calories
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am a light mayo girl!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I eat very little mayo to begin with, so I eat regular mayo when I eat it, but very little.
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love light Miracle Whip! Even the store brands are usually good, I think. And right around 25 cals. Not bad.
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    i use low fat mayo (15 calories for tbsp) for tuna salad sandwiches or egg salad sandwiches but for deli meat sandwiches i use mustard.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Light Miracle Whip. I like the tangy flavor. Don't care for regular mayo. However, I generally just put banana peppers on my sandwiches now instead of mayo. I use the miracle whip for things like egg salad, etc. Mmmm...deviled eggs....
  • emilyhawarah
    Options
    I always substitute with deli mustard... even in my tuna salad. But I love mustard. I don't think everyone would be able to do that.
  • annamolly22
    Options
    I really like this hummus idea. I went through a pretty serious hummus phase awhile back. I think it's time to revive that addiction!

But in regards to light mayo, I also enjoy it - especially when it's made with olive oil.
    I try to avoid mayonaise and use Tzatziki or yogurt instead. With sandwiches I use hummus as a spread rather than mayo when I can. When I must I use light mayo.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I have an egg issue so I use veganaise, I also use hummus or avocado/guac instead of mayo-makes for a tastier sandwich.
  • brandipotter
    brandipotter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have to have mayo on my sandwiches! I have switched to a fat free mayo that is only 10 calories per Tbsp. It doesn't taste quite as good but it works!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dijonnaise by Hellman's 5 calories per teaspoon, 0 fat.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I usually use half of the regular mayo.
    so instead of getting both sides of bread, I just do one half. Its a condiment, so I don' t even log it. Bonus! Like mustard and catsup.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can subsitute with hummus or mustard for most things but for my tuna I have to have mayo. I prefer the helmans reduced fat to the light. but it is really just a matter of taste.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I really like the olive oil reduced fat mayo! Soooo good!
  • 2Big4MyBritches
    2Big4MyBritches Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like using light mayo when making cole slaw, egg salad and tuna fish. On sandwiches I have gotten away from mayo and use laughing cow cheese most are only 35 calories and you get the best of both as the cheese and condiment without the extra calories

I never would have thought to use laughing cow! I love it! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the idea.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of Duke's Light Mayonnaise. Also, you can replace some or all of the Mayo with fat free sour cream, or greek yogurt in order to cut the calories and still get some creaminess. Also, another substitute might be Laughing Cow Cheese.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I usually use half of the regular mayo.
    so instead of getting both sides of bread, I just do one half. Its a condiment, so I don' t even log it. Bonus! Like mustard and catsup.

SMH... :huh: