Recipe for sweet potato fries...

Options
swulski
swulski Posts: 16
I was wondering if anyone has made baked sweet potato fries..I want to make some for dinner tonight. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You can slice them up into wedges, toss with some oil and salt and bake in a 425 degree oven until nice and crispy on the outside. Toss them halfway through. They are done when a fork or knife pierces the middle easily, I say about 20 mins at that temp.
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    That's so funny because I was planning the same thing tonight and just googled "baked sweet potato fries recipe".

There are lots of them out there, but the one I am trying was on Fatsecret. It goes as follows:

1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 long sweet potatoes (about 5")

Peel potatoes and cut them up (the recipe suggested wedges but I plan to make mine like regular fries)

Place in a layer in a 9x13 pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with spices and bake 35 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

They also suggested other spices could be added like nutmeg, allspice, etc.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My family loves sweet potatos. I just slice them (skin on) drizle EVOO and bake. I like them all natural. A friend of mine sprinkes them with some Mrs Dash for an extra little flavor.
  • sunnburst1984
    sunnburst1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/guaranteed-crispy-sweet-potato-fries-sriracha-mayo-dip/

Found this on Pinterest! I used Tapioca flour instead. Turned out pretty good!