Coffee crave..help!

Options
I sometimes, about 3 times a week, get this urge for coffee. And not just black, or with a little creamer but the soy white mocha kind that packs around 400 calories a punch...This really throws my calories off. How do I get rid of this urge and stay on track?!?!

Replies

• Embell0830
    Embell0830 Posts: 105
    Options
    I mix chocolate protein powder with a little coffee and unsweetened almond milk (even better blened w/ ice)
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ignore it... or allow yourself a bit of indulgence, give yourself one day where you can have some, go light though, get fat free milk instead of full fat, no whip or any extra and if you do have some, get a small and share with a friend!
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    well first write in a journal ask why do I crave coffee?

is there something I am feeling that is making me sad and aggitated that I need cofee?

try writing it down. then if that doesn't help maybe limit the cups of cofee you do. even doing a smaller cup cofee.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Starbucks now has skinny mocha drinks that I think come in around 100 cals or so for a tall. Having those here and there isn't too much of an indulgence.

Or try regular coffee with some of the fun creamers at the grocery store - I just bought the caramel macchiato and they have a white chocolate mocha too.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    mmmmm coffee.....:heart:
  • Legalchica
    Legalchica Posts: 462
    Options
    get some sugar free syrups and splenda and mix with non fat milk :)
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Coffee Nips!
  • Smoses13
    Smoses13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I struggle with this too...my new attempt is I've written down my "order" on an index card to keep in my purse and read it off in the drive through. It stops me from getting the venti triple shot breve mocha MOST of the time.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Starbucks now has skinny mocha drinks that I think come in around 100 cals or so for a tall. Having those here and there isn't too much of an indulgence.

Or try regular coffee with some of the fun creamers at the grocery store - I just bought the caramel macchiato and they have a white chocolate mocha too.

I agree with both of these suggestions. Also, you can find a 400 cal. workout to do a couple times per week specifically for those coffee days and then you can have exactly what you want without "paying" for it later.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    if you have the cash, you can get an inexpensive cappuccino machine. Make your own espresso- skim milk foams the best & you can buy ALL kinds of sugar free syrups & stuff. You can make your own flavored cappuccino for less than 100 calories

cheers ~
  • melnova3
    melnova3 Posts: 1
    Options
    It might not be exactly your white mocha you are looking for...but I've found this to work quite well. I brew a pot of coffee with a scoop of cacao powder. It is the yummy chocolate taste with not many more added calories than a regular cup of coffee!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I use fat free vanilla creamer or chocolate almond milk in my espresso.....yummy.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll put a Tbsp of ice-cream in my black coffee, with some cinnamon... hits the spot.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    flavored keurig. :)
  • flyingv555
    Options
    You can get that fancy-coffee taste with a lot of low fat/low calorie creamers these days. Also, just think of the disgusting heartburn and bloat that those store-bought coffee drinks cause. That's my deterrent!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    When does this happen? Where are you, and what time of day is it? What kind of mood are you in? What are you doing or what happened right before the craving? There should be some sort of common trigger but it might not be obvious, so make a note of all these things whenever it happens.

Once you've identified the trigger you need to associate it with a new habit, like going for a short walk. Once you do this enough times the old craving will fade away (and you'll crave walks instead).
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like you're craving coffee, you're craving a rich, sweet dessert. Try having some chocolate milk instead.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Try a flavoured coffee like Irish creme or french vanilla and use skim milk and sweetener.

Might be a good swap out for those high cal fancy flavoured ones.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Fit it in to your calories for the day - have a small sized mocha, and drink it slowly and really enjoy it.
  • Mari0905
    Mari0905 Posts: 4
    Options
    Coffee is something I cant let go of. I dont function without coffee I just reg. coffee with creamer (grochery store) I drink it first thing in the morning before I start my day. With 3 kids and my husband I need my coffee!!