Changing the settings in a Polar FT4

Options
I bought my FT4 several months ago and set my height/weight in the beginning. Now that I have lost 12 pounds, I feel like I should go back in and make that weight change for the most accurate caloric burn recording. I can't figure out how to do that and the website is not helpful. Does anyone have one and if so, do you go in and change these thing periodically? If so, how??

Replies

• jessilynn1982
    jessilynn1982 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not using that model, but I did find the manual for your model online in pdf form. Hopefully you can find you answer there! :)

http://www.polar.fi/e_manuals/FT4/Polar_FT4_user_manual_English/manual.pdf

will prob need to copy and paste that link into your browser

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have had to get mine changed twice by someone else!! I could never figure it out!!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You push the top right button until it says settings. Then scroll around in there until you find something that looks like stats. I dont have mine on at the moment, but I am pretty sure that is how you do it.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Great question! I have no answer but I will definitely have to do this at the end of March. I am a techie so I am sure I will figure it out LOL
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me to change my setting!

Hit the top right button for "Settings"
    Scroll down to "User information"
    The first setting should be weight, so hit the middle right button
    Use the bottom right button to scroll down to your new weight.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    When you are on the main screen with the time showing, hit the down button on the right side of the "watch" (third one down). This brings you to the menu and you should see a settings screen pop up. Hit the center button on the right side of the watch (it has a dot with a circle around it -aka the select button). Hit the down button until you see user information. Hit select. You can change your weight, height, age, max HR, etc. here. The top button on the right side of the watch is the up button. Again, the middle is the select button and the bottom one is the down button. You can toggle through the screens and settings using these. To back out of any screen, hit the bottom button the left side of the watch (aka the stop button -this has a square with a circle around it). The top button on the left side is the background light which is really pretty useless. Hope this helps you!
  • Novikay
    Novikay Posts: 62
    Options
    bump
  • grocha2010
    grocha2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dravenangel
    dravenangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The instructions posted already are correct. I change mine each time I weigh in - when I remember!!
  • clemsontiger78
    clemsontiger78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    GOT IT :smile: Finally. I kept going to settings, but I was just not scrolling down far enough. Thanks everyone!
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    bump...I need to change mine, but never knew how
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    When you are on the main screen with the time showing, hit the down button on the right side of the "watch" (third one down). This brings you to the menu and you should see a settings screen pop up. Hit the center button on the right side of the watch (it has a dot with a circle around it -aka the select button). Hit the down button until you see user information. Hit select. You can change your weight, height, age, max HR, etc. here. The top button on the right side of the watch is the up button. Again, the middle is the select button and the bottom one is the down button. You can toggle through the screens and settings using these. To back out of any screen, hit the bottom button the left side of the watch (aka the stop button -this has a square with a circle around it). The top button on the left side is the background light which is really pretty useless. Hope this helps you!

This is the only post I found that made sense to me. Thank you!