Hello everyone.

Hi my name is Ashley. i am 22 years old, and am getting married in july of this year! I would like to lose some weight for the wedding but mostly for my health. I went to the doctors today and my blood pressure was so high. So she put me on a very strick Diet. if you guys have any addvise please let me know. I am wanting to work out more offten to! So if you guys know any moves to help me burn some fat please let me know! I am not use to having to work out or be on a diet tha made me eat less food. I use to be really under weight when i was younger so they made me eat a lot of fast food and unhealthy food to get me to gain some weight and it finally caught up with me. So any help would be great! Thanks.

Replies

• jamirood
    jamirood Posts: 5
    Hi Ashley! First of all congrats on the wedding....I know this is a busy and stressful time for you. Feel free to add me for support.:smile:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Hey, I just added you and I told my friends to add you too! Glad you came to the site, and if you have any questions, you can ask me!
    Oh, and for the exercise, because I know how expensive gym memberships can be, you might want to start out with walking. And dancing like a fool, like I like to do!
  • claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Congrats on the wedding and good luck with all that goes with the planning.
    The best thing I have done was this site. I use it everyday. I have finally become accountable for what I have been doing to myself. When I see it in front of me it makes it real and that made a difference to me. I've been overweight for so long I just didn't care anymore. But now I wanted more out of my life and I couldn't do anything because of the weight. The best thing is just make a reasonalbe Goal for yourself, start eating right, and get MOVING. Just keep moving start slow walking and streching and add move as you can. Talk with your doctor to get an idea of what excersises would be best for you to begin with. They really don't mind doing that. Sometime the doctors will even put you in touch with someone that can work with you or even set up a list of exercises to do. The main thing is You have to stay possitive and have faith in yourself. Keep moving. Good Luck.
  • Congrats on the wedding! Sounds like we are in the same boat. I am getting married August 4th this year and I am looking to drop some much needed weight. I had the same high blood pressure scare last year, and I've bee dragging my feet on getting it in gear until last month. I'm going to send you a friends request so we can help motivate each other!
  • Clarimusic00
    Clarimusic00 Posts: 96 Member
    Welcome! I have been using MFP for over a month now and I LOVE it!!! I am not the greatest at exercise advice (I've been struggling with that during this journey) but I am always looking for more people to help motivate and be motivated by. I have a ways until I get married (summer 2014) but I am working toward loosing the weight prior to buying a dress. If you're interested feel free to add me!
  • 12hadley
    12hadley Posts: 2
    Thanks and i will add you! I am so excited about this, and i know i can do it. Its great to have support! I get it from my fiance but i need more then just him! :) So its nice to have people in here to help me!