I am using MFP as an extra tool in cohesion with WW and just

Options
I am using MFP as an extra tool in cohesion with WW and just wanted to say hello. I am mainly using this to balance out what I am eating and trying to keep within how much of Carbs, Fat and Protein I am ingesting to balance out what I am doing with my points at WW. So far I've been pretty close to what I need to be, which is cool. My personal trainer wanted me to track on here, so I am, but I am not tracking anything but food here, doing both WW tracking and MFP with food is already a lot! I just really want to start seeing the results that I want. I also need to start making more of my own food and depending less on processed food. I WANT TO BE HEALTHY AGAIN!

Replies

• falconspicegirl99
    Options
    Yay for you! I successfully lost over 30 pounds with Weight Watchers; don't second guess it! If you stay within your points, you WILL lose weight. Be true to the program and you will be successful.
  • pammee44
    pammee44 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh YAY! I was glad to see this post, i am thinking about rejoining WW and using MFP in conjunction.

I made goal weight and lifetime membership about 8 years ago and then got pregnant and 7 years later still battling that demon...again! It's all mental for me right now, because WW works, if you track what you eat and go to the meetings, the weight will come off. I LOVE WW! I am just off track right now and working to get back on track.

Good luck to you.
  • CraftyWeeWifey
    CraftyWeeWifey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started on WW and joined here because many of my friends are members and it felt like I was doing it alone on WW and there's a nice community feel here. Anyway, for a while I was tracking both and then a couple of weeks ago I decided to cancel my WW membership and just carry on with MFP (the food database is so much bigger here and I was finding it easier) I am missing WW just cause of the free fruit, so I never felt hungry, whereas now I'm struggling when I'm hungry and know that the fruit adds calories.

Doing both got a bit confusing as some days I'd have 100 calories left, but 5 points! and I wouldn't know which to eat too, other days it was the other way around, no points left but quite a few calories. So I decided to stick with just one.
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    I did WW and did lose some weight but I don't buy the diet soda zero points thing, maybe they have changed it but I only lost 6 pounds on weight watchers and 8 after two weeks of giving up all soda even diet. My point, WW has helped lots of people, including my girlfriend who is now down 20 lbs. I say use the program and Make your own food. The frozen meals have a ton of sodium in them. But everybody is different so welcome to the community and good luck. You will do awesome!