same weight for MONTHS...help!!

Options
i have lost 34 pound but have been at the same weight for MONTHS...i can't seem to drop any more weight. what am i doing wrong?!?!?

Replies

• hunniedewbennett
    Options
    Hi Cricket,
    I don't have answers since I seem to get there and suffer from the same problem myself. But providence has shined on me and given me a neighbor who is young, strong and starting his own business as a personal trainer.

I will pick his brain this evening when I see him and get back to you.

BTW-HI :wink:
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump fkr you
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been at the same weight for many months as well. I just upped my calories last week so I'll see if it made a difference. I don't weigh in until tomorrow morning.
  • crickettm
    crickettm Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi Cricket,
    I don't have answers since I seem to get there and suffer from the same problem myself. But providence has shined on me and given me a neighbor who is young, strong and starting his own business as a personal trainer.

I will pick his brain this evening when I see him and get back to you.

BTW-HI :wink:

That would be majorly AWESOME!!! Thanks a bunch!!! :bigsmile:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I would suggest raising your calories. I peaked at your diary and you have many days when your under 1000.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    It looks like you need to eat more. Food is fuel for the body to keep it going, if you don't give it enough it will stand still thinking it needs to hold on to everything it gets.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little?
  • MiNX21
    MiNX21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are doing any strength training at all that will effect your numbers. try measuring your waist, hips, thighs, and arms to see differences and also try and get a measure of your body fat. I weight 141 just started using this app/website but before that back in December I weighed 167 (I have a disease that was flared at the time and helped me shed the weight so fast). I have been 141-142 (I'm 5'6") since mid Feb. Once I started increaseing the weight on my machines (I do 9 different ones every other day) I started to weigh in the same every week.
  • susanrush
    susanrush Posts: 18
    Options
    I agree. You should up them more. At WW they taught us that you can't let your body get used to eating the same amount, so you should have high days, low days and days where you stay on point. Maybe try that if you are worried about eating too much.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at your diet and seeing very round numbers. 1 tsp coffee creamer, 100 g apple, etc. Are you actually measuring, or are you assuming the portion sizes listed in the database are typical? Those are actually quite small portions.

Get a food scale and measure everything. Measure things like coffee creamer by weighing the package before and afterward. Don't try to change anything yet; just get an accurate assessment of what you're eating now that has your weight so stable.
  • andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think your body is holding onto weight because you are eating so little Try eating between 1200- 1500 calories a day (higher end of range if you exercise).
  • crickettm
    crickettm Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm looking at your diet and seeing very round numbers. 1 tsp coffee creamer, 100 g apple, etc. Are you actually measuring, or are you assuming the portion sizes listed in the database are typical? Those are actually quite small portions.

Get a food scale and measure everything. Measure things like coffee creamer by weighing the package before and afterward. Don't try to change anything yet; just get an accurate assessment of what you're eating now that has your weight so stable.

i do typically go by what is already in the database here on MFP (i scan the barcodes of alot of my foods). but another thing...i am below my calories for that exact reason...to pay back what may not be an accurate calorie count. so i feel i am hitting my 1200, some days maybe over that.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    i do typically go by what is already in the database here on MFP (i scan the barcodes of alot of my foods). but another thing...i am below my calories for that exact reason...to pay back what may not be an accurate calorie count. so i feel i am hitting my 1200, some days maybe over that.

What I am suggesting is that you get a food scale and start making precise measurements. Do it like a scientist collecting observations. Small inaccuracies make a difference when they are repeated every day.