Walden Farms Zero Calorie Food

Options
Anyone ever heard of it? I ordered a bunch of it a little while ago. I'm hoping it taste pretty good!!!

Replies

• Vailery
    Vailery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried the ranch dressing during the first week of my diet just hoping it would be okay. It was awful mostly because of the chemical taste. I cant imagine its good for you. But I have heard people saying its good, I just couldn't get over all the chemicals.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Oh god.....I got the peanut butter and can confirm it was the worst thing myself and anyone else brave enough to try it had eaten in their lives.

After trying their calorie free food, I am a firm believer that food needs calories - or else what is the point? x
  • gemini_84
    gemini_84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I find it hit or miss with Walden Farms...my sister has tried a bunch of it too and she likes some of the things I don't and vice versa so it's really a matter of just trying it and seeing what you like :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I picked up a couple of the salad dressings from Pick n' save. They're basically like flavored water. Don't think I'll be bothering with them any more.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Oh god.....I got the peanut butter and can confirm it was the worst thing myself and anyone else brave enough to try it had eaten in their lives.

After trying their calorie free food, I am a firm believer that food needs calories - or else what is the point? x

^^^ditto...it is crap. So is the ranch, honey mustard, and others that I have tried. Tastes like ca-ca
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    I only like the sesame Dressing,

Everything else is crap!! The chocolate has splenda in it and I just dont like it! Nasty crappy bleeeechhhh
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I could stand (I almost typed "liked" but that would be wrong) one of the dressings... Italian? The rest of the ones I tried were just too gross.
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've found the creamy bacon and bacon ranch are the only flavors I can take. I tried the peanut butter, the marshmallow fluf and the chocolate syrup and found them.....not so good.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I like the Pancake syrup. I haven't tried any of the others yet.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever liked was the Asian Sesame dressing...it's pretty good because it doesn't taste like chemicals.
  • Caiii
    Caiii Posts: 27
    Options
    Some of their salad dressings are pretty good, I like the Asian salad dressing..ranch is not my favorite. I was excited to try their calorie free chocolate dip and peanut butter.
    DISGUSTING.
    Do not buy; they're really overpriced as it is.
  • maranatha777
    Options
    I have tried the ranch and italian salad dressings. The ranch was awful, blech! But I really like the italian dressing. So does my husband, kids and mother. So I guess it's a bit of hit and miss. Oh, my mom tried the bbq sauce and didn't like it.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I picked up a couple of the salad dressings from Pick n' save. They're basically like flavored water. Don't think I'll be bothering with them any more.

Pick 'n Save?! You must be from WI!

I spent 4 1/2 years working there..you couldn't pay me enough to go back :\
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    All yucky! I'll use the hidden valley light ranch mixed with a little water to thin/stretch it out its good no chemical taste!
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've found the balsamic not too bad. Of course, I've been using the light versions of basamics for a while, so maybe the gradual change make it taste better!
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lol. don't think I need to add my 2 cents here judging from previous posts, but what the hell, lol....

We have tried several different dressings, all of the dressings were "blegh".... I use the chocolate syrup everyday, mix it in with my cookies and cream protein shake or with my oatmeal in the morning, but I use very little just enough to get the chocolate-y taste. We also use the syrup a lot and it's very good too.

As the previous posters have stated, it leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't recommend it for a "low-calorie" dieter... more like some fitness guru training for a fitness competition or something... gives you some "taste" without the calories... but for those of us who aren't training for a 12 pack, i'd say just stick to fat free/low cal dressings....