I loooove eggs!!

Options
I love eating eggs but I do know that the white only is better for me. Since I am losing weight, I do want to be healthier also. I am thinking of just using egg whites when I scramble or fry them. Just wondering how it will compare to eating a regular egg?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    don't do it! lol
    you're body needs good fat - at least thats what i keep telling myself - the yolk's the best bit :D
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I kind of feel the same way, It is not like I eat them all the time, so it is probably not that bad. :smile:
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole egg, I make omlettes about twice a week and i use 2 eggs each time and a ton of vegies. I don't see the point in throwing out the yolk, I see it as a waste of food and money which is a huge pet peeve of mine. Unless you have to watch your cholesterol, eat the whole thing and enjoy!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Every time a yolk hits the trashcan, mother nature sheds a tear.
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, sounds good. The only omelette is a veggie one!!!!
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Gone are the days where nutritionist say not to eat the yolk!!! The WHOLE egg is one of the most perfect foods you can eat!! SOOO nutritious and satisfying!!! Enjoy!
  • Reefer_bob
    Options
    I try to cut back just a touch... My typical omlette is 3 eggs, but only 2 yolks.

I tried 3 eggs with 1 yolk, but it wasn't as good.

Give it a try, its an easy way to cut a few cals. :)
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    The entire egg is good for you.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Use Eggbeaters to replace eggs at least a couple of times a week. It makes a wonderful omelet!
  • justfungrandma
    justfungrandma Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I tried scrambling just egg whites one day last week and they were horrible. I will allot the calories to eat the whole egg!
  • alanmat
    alanmat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I tried scrambling just egg whites one day last week and they were horrible. I will allot the calories to eat the whole egg!

Amen!!!!