5K in North Central Texas

Options
kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
Ok, I live in this area and my husband and I have decided to start the C25K and then eventually train to run a 5K for a good cause. I have a friend that lives near me that is ready and wants to do the same thing. Problem is.... I have no idea where to look for this information....
We are looking for something around October.... We figured the FAll will be a fantastic time to run.... TEXAS IS HOT!!!! AND this gives me time to get in shape and trained for it!
Can any of you guys help me and let me know where a good place to start would be.... Like I said, I'm not sure where to look to even find a 5K to join.
I know Mary Kay does one in Dallas, but I'm needed to find one that fits the time frame we want (:
Thanks in advance for your help! :drinker:

Replies

• pattitricia85
    Options
    go to runnersworld.com they have a place on their website to find races in your area!
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    Try active.com you can search for races in your area and sign up for monthly emails with all races for the next 1-2 months. The website also has tons of information on running.
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    I live in the Denton area and use Active.com as well as the Run On store and Thruston races sites -- active doesn't always have all races posted, but Run On usually has most in the entire region... I set a goal of running one race each month and have had no problem finding races locally to compete in on almost any weekend of the year.
  • llywyn
    llywyn Posts: 315
    Options
    RunTex also posts a listing of the local races. Might want to call or stop by.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Awesome, guys! Thanks so much for all of the info!!! :heart:
  • babybefit38
    Options
    Race for the Cure is October 17th in Dallas....
  • jodi0117
    jodi0117 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can try the Luke's Locker website, too. There should be plenty to choose from in that area in October!

Good luck in your training!
    Jodi