Interval training calories used?

Options
I have been doing 18-20 mins of interval training running 3 times a week. During this time I would be doing a warm up run up for 2 mins, running as fast as I can for 2 mins, recovery run for 2 mins, another session of running as fast as I can for 2 mins, then a 10 min run. I can't find estimated calories burnt for this type of exercise. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• gconz
    gconz Posts: 4
    Options
    It's hard to say the exact amount of calories burnt, thats why I use a heart rate monitor. I burn approx. 250-350 cals during interval training by doing 20 mins: 30 seconds all out sprint (nearly falling off the treadmill) then jog for recovery for 60 seconds, X 8 reps. You keep burning fat after your workout for between 24-48 hours because your body's in shock, it can't anticipate and adapt to the intervals like it can to normal cardio. The main thing is that you know your burning fat and not just calories!!
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun.Com website might be worth a look, I used it to track my kms when doing alot of distance work.
    I see if you logged a "Run/Jog Interval Training" workout you could add a number of splits and distances, that might be worth a lookie see.