Getting all your water in???

Options
I was just wondering if you guys are actually drinking all your water and if it is really helping you to lose weight? I always seem to have a tough time drinking enough everyday.

Replies

• b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know this as well. I tried to drink all 8 glasses for a couple days last week and not only did I have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes, but I felt really lousy by the end of those days.
  • spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's difficult for me. I almost have to force myself to drink it, and there are a lot of days I don't make the 8 glass mark (but I'm working on it!). I also have the issue of having to go to the bathroom ALL the time, which is a huge pain for me when because I have classes all day Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I end up having to leave during my 1pm class every time even though I use the restroom right before class!

It takes a lot of practice and you might have to force it for awhile, but it does get a little easier (and hopefully will be even more easier down the road, I am just not in the habit of it quite yet).
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I can't see why it would be too much. 8 8-oz glasses is 64 oz. If you're awake from 7am to 11pm (just an example to include 8 hours of sleep), that's only half a cup per hour. Sure, if you chug it all at once you might feel sick, but it should be incredibly easy to get in just that amount. What else are you drinking during the day? I imagine I'd be absolutely parched drinking less fluid than that.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I usually drink more than 8, but not because I think I 'have' to. I just like water. I drink it with meals most of the time, when I wake up, and in between. By the end of the day, I've always drank a ton. I do stop after dinner, though, because otherwise I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. And I like my sleep too much for that :laugh:
  • kcoyle220
    kcoyle220 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I guess I will need to just try to spread it out more throughout the day~
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I don't like water. I try to drink at least 24 ounces a day but I also drink coffee, coke zero and diet root beer during the day so I get plenty of hydration. My doctor told me as long as my urine is clear and I go at least once an hour, then I'm getting hydrated enough. I do both so I don't think I need to drink more water. If I start to feel bloated, I will drink more water just because if I drink a lot of it, I don't retain it. :)
  • stacygayle
    Options
    I'd like to know this as well. I tried to drink all 8 glasses for a couple days last week and not only did I have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes, but I felt really lousy by the end of those days.

That's the way I am, if I drink too much I get dehydrated because I get rid of it as soon as it goes in. I only drink a lot of water if I feel like I'm retaining water.
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of water, because that's all I drink. No caffeine, no soda. Sometimes a little bit of green tea. It takes some getting used to, but eventually I learned to like it.
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Weight Watchers this one member just couldn't drink water. Someone suggested that she put ice in and drink from a straw. When you are constantly sipping from a straw, its amazing how much faster the water disappears. So she decided to do it. It only took about 2 weeks before she started really liking water and had no problem drinking it.

I don't like room temperature water, it has to be cold. I got a water bottle for work that I can put ice in and fill it with ice as needed. I definitely drink it faster if I am drinking through a straw then if I drink from a cup or from a regular bottle of water.

Not sure if this will help, but you might want to give it a try. I love water so its easy for me to do. I feel better when I stay hydrated.

Good Luck.

Erin
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Drinking water can be really tough some days. I know I have to drink it really cold, or else I don't want it. Also, using a bottle that has the amount marked on the side is really helpful (such as the camel back...sp?). Another fun way to get in more water is wearing a bangle on your left wrist for every glass you want to drink in the day, as you drink a cup, yo move one bangle to the other wrist. Its a great visual reminder of what you have consumed and how much you have left. Hope this helps!

Also, can really feel the difference in my body on the days that I do and dont get my recommended amount of water in. On the days I do, my rings are almost falling off. On the days I dont, my rings are almost stuck on! Same with my pants as well. Its really obnoxious at times (as I dont always find water tasty) but it is a good reminder from my body.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I try to drink at least a gallon, and most days I average around 21 cups of water. Honestly, the camelbak bottle was the best investment I've made in a long time. Drinking from a straw helps me get in all that water without blinking.
  • stacygayle
    Options
    When I was doing Weight Watchers this one member just couldn't drink water. Someone suggested that she put ice in and drink from a straw. When you are constantly sipping from a straw, its amazing how much faster the water disappears. So she decided to do it. It only took about 2 weeks before she started really liking water and had no problem drinking it.

That's the only way I can drink water. I have a cute Coca Cola polar bear insulated cup that has a straw and I constantly keep it filled with ice water at my desk. Otherwise, i wouldn't ever drink water. i usually only drink it at work so on the weekends I don't drink any......maybe I need to get a second cup to have at home