Checking in with all my friends here

Options
2»

Replies

• alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    My prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Prayers & Peace -
    :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hey Cowboy. Was wondering where you went :smile: I'm so sorry about the news with your sisters. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. Know that you are in my thoughts and I hope your little sis's surgery goes well tomorrow and they find that it was early stage and can remove it all. Your older sis is in my prayers also - God can still work miracles. But even if he doesn't, we are here for you and thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

May the peace of God that passes all understanding invade your heart and mind through this and may His grace and mercy flow over you constantly. Blessings - Kim
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i dont know you but i will definately be saying a prayer for you and your family
    j~:flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Cowboy, you and your family are in my prayers. I am losing my mom to cervical cancer also. I lost my father last August so I can definately understand the double whammy. I will say many prayers for you.

As much as your sisters need you, remember to take care of yourself during this difficult time.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you or your sisters.

God Bless you.

Charlaine
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Cowboy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sisters. I will be praying for them and for you. Take care and God bless you.

Betty
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you as well Cowboy:flowerforyou:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Wow...what a bad week. Take care, stay strong, know that we are all here for you, and God is too. You and your family are in my prayers.
  • elatoria
    elatoria Posts: 30
    Options
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up, cowboy. Take it one day at a time, and if that's too much, one minute at a time.:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Thinking of you and your family...
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I haven't been on the posts much, and I have seriously fallen off the wagon this week. I got kind of a double whammy and I will be up in Seattle to be with one of my sisters for several days.
    They say truth is stranger than fiction...here goes...I got a telephone call and my favourite little sister most likely has ovarian cancer. They do not know what stage, but she is going in for surgery tomorrow so I am going up to be with her. As I was notifying family members, I called my older sister. She is fourteen years older than I am, so there is quite an age difference. She practically raised me and my younger brother and sister. She informed me that her MS is out of remission and that she has cancer of the small intestine and has been given three months to live.
    You know you go along, get up in the morning and go to work and suddenly one (or two) phone calls completely change life as you know it. I am still just trying to cope with the fact that I may lose my favourite little sister, and then I find out I may lose both of my sister's altogether. I don't even know how or what to feel...I just know that I can't fix this like I used to fix stuff for her, and I can't change what is. I have faith that God knows what He is doing. I know that He is good. What I don't understand is how I will deal with life after...

You guys have always been "there" for me when I've needed you for me. Thank you. If you have an extra prayer to spare for my two sisters, I would be forever grateful. I'll let you know how it all goes. In the meantime, you guys all hang in there, and remember that you are doing really good things for yourselves and all of us whose lives you touch.
    Cowboy:brokenheart:

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7 NIV)

Cowboy, Take comfort in the closeness or God. Dont forget HE will never leave us or forsake us..He got me through my 19 year old granddaughter's struggle with cancer and ultamately her death just last year. I can truley tell you that their comes a peace when you know HIM personally. And God stills performs miracles! Prayers, Lolly

You are so right. I don't know how I would have gotten through some of this without Him! (And my amazing and wonderful wife).
    Cowboy
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You all are truly wonderful people. I sure hope your friends and family around you see that, because it shines through all of your posts and all of your conversations.
    My older sister died on March 22. I have had my little sister here (she needed someone to take care of her and so I brought her home with me for a week), and one of my brother's from Idaho came as well. I still can't believe she's gone. I feel like I have been walking around in a bad dream and I can't wake up.
    My younger sister, thankfully, will be fine. They found that it was not Ovarian Cancer (for which I will be eternally grateful to all of you who prayed and God who answered). My wife's mom died of Ovarian cancer, and it was so awful. By the time she knew she had it, it was all through her body and she died within a few months. Donna's mom was a wonderful and loving woman, a guy could not have asked for a more caring mother-in-law. I know that Donna still misses her so much, and I just kind of felt like I was falling off a cliff when I got the news that my sister might have that too.
    Thank you for all of your support and kind words and prayers...especially the prayers. I know that God answered them.
    It's good to begin to do some "normal" things again. Donna and I spent the entire day yesterday with our horses, something that we have not been able to do for a couple weeks now. "Rizzo" my appaloosa is beginning to get her summer coat, she is a blue roan and her coat is beautiful. "Sissy", Donna's "Barbie Doll" Quarter horse is starting to get her summer dapple. We had both Shod yesterday and so they were feeling pretty lively by the time we lunged them. It just felt good to be with them and to do everyday things.
    I guess I'm kind of rambling, but wanted you all to know how much I appreciate all of your support. You are God-sends to this ole cowboy!
    Cowboy:heart:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. God bless you.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Lain and Donna,
    So nice to have you back. I hope things are better since we last talked. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am here if you need anything.
    Have a blessed day:heart:
    Friendship,
    Renee
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    your family is definitely in my prayers.
  • sherrymize
    Options
    They say God never gives you more than you can handle but He sure pushed the envelope sometimes. You will be in my prayers.
  • mzjammies
    Options
    My prayers are with you cowboy. Your faith in God's presence in your life will help you through this time of concern. Remember those footsteps, when things go awry, there are only one set of footsteps, the good Lord will help you through. God bless
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Cowboy - I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I know how close I am to my sister (we are twins) I couldn't imagine what I would do, you and your family are definately in my prayers!!! Keep us posted, we are there for you!:flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou: