weight watchers?

Options
is it a good diet for people who are just trying to lose about 10 pounds? counting calories and working out is too stressful to worry about eating them back and everything so i thought i'd try weight watchers since my whole family is starting it...any recommendations?(:

Replies

• Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    is it a good diet for people who are just trying to lose about 10 pounds? counting calories and working out is too stressful to worry about eating them back and everything so i thought i'd try weight watchers since my whole family is starting it...any recommendations?(:

I've done WW Online and I actually prefer MFP.
    It's the only thing that has worked for me.:)

Maybe you need to give MFP more time?
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i've been doing it for a while but its so hard to eat stuff without getting too many carbs and thats probably whats killing me is the carbs!
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    I did WW 3 times, id rather do MFP. I find that spending 20 minutes a day calculating points is tedious, this is much easier and fun!
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about eating calories back, but on WW you get points to eat for exercising.

If you feel more accountable having someone else weigh you in, I'd recommend WW. After you maintain your goal weight for 6 weeks you become a lifetime member and can attend meetings for free as long as you maintain.
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I'd say no, because you would have to learn the points system and count points, and by doing that you would have to carry the calculator with you and know all the nutritional values. So it's not any easier than counting calories.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think counting points and counting calories are going to equate to the same thing. I prefer counting calories here. I think with the rest of your family starting WW, you might get some extra support. However you need to be sure you are in it for you, so if the people in your family stop doing WW you won't fall off the wagon too.

I don't think carbs are your issues, otherwise you could just change your settings here and reduce your calories from carbs.

Just a thought. Either way good luck.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You know you earn points on WW for exercising, which it's recommended you eat if you exercise a lot, right? How is that going to be any different?